Children

aragerwku

Someone may have already asked this question, but we're leaving on October 6th and will be going to Progresso. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do with a 2 & 6 year old? Usually we find a nice beach, but I don't know if that's our best option at this port. I've also heard that it's very hot there so I didn't know about seeing the Mayan's.

That you not take little ones into Merida.Great city but its just too crowded to have kids that small in tow.Lots of traffic and sidewalks way too narrow.Enjoyed my time there with the wife but would never dream of taking my 7 and 11 year old boys there.Just take the bus tour of Progreso and hang out there for the day.It will be far less hectic.Plus if the kids get hot/tired your just a few minutes from the ship.In Merida your almost an hour away.Have fun,we sure did.

A friend of mine took her eight year old grand-daughter to Merida for a week long vacation. It went extremely well. The girl made friends with others her age, every day in the many plazas. She also enjoyed the food that was a bit different from home in Wisconson.

Archived