Maasdam Jan. 25 & Feb. 9 almost sold out?

luvcruisn'

I checked my internet travel site and also Holland America's website for these back to back cruises through the Panama Canal on the Masdam. 7 people in my extended family are sailing on the Jan. 25 cruise. Last week several cabins were still available and now only the NN category with a guarantee booking is available on each cruise. Could there be a group charter or large group booking? I checked on the thread where groups are posted but nothing is listed for the Maasdam on those sailing dates. Anyone have any ideas what could have happened?

Thanks.

When I booked the Jan. 25th cruise from Ft Lauderdale in early May, the S suites were more than 70% booked. T/A said the late January/early February dates for the Canal transits are the most popular and the first that book up -- because the weather is never better than at that time. If there is no group booking, the fact that these cruises are all but sold out bears out my T/A's observations.

Archived