Explorer Live Now And Then

Hi All.

Ijust checked cruisecal.com and it appears to me that the ship is approaching Sandy Hook,that is where they pickup the harbor pilot.The have slowed down to 18 knots from 21 early this morning.I am from NJ so I know the parts of the stae where they are.

Another thing is today is the NY Marathon and it starts at the Varazano Bridge in a few minutes.Can you imagine going under the bridge with 38000 people running across.

We picked up pilot at noon and docked at 3pm. Yes, it took that long! I did not see anyone running on the bridge but I do have pics so maybe they were there:) I think I took a video there:D

WELCOME HOME SUZANNE!!

Great to have you back on land with us. We missed you.. especially on the IOS thread!

Sea ya!

Thanks!:D It's good to be BACK ON LAND! At least for a few weeks till I sail again! :D It'll take that long to do the laundry from this cruise!

.. for the time it takes to make these posts!..

Hows them land legs doin? :D

I bet your pups were glad to see you!

You are all very welcome! :D Sea legs are glad to be on level ground at the moment! :D Pups are THRILLED to be back with us and I was so happy to see them! :p

I am HOME! :D We were allowed to stay in our cabin until about 230 and than we headed to the pub to wait a bit. Diamond lounge was standing room only, CL was standing room only, found nice table and chairs in pub! We docked about 3pm and we were in the first group called off the ship which was about 4:20 and we pulled out of port at 4:50. It was much better than I thought it would be. We grabbed a porter and he got us to the curb and DH pulled right up to load luggage and we were OUT OF THERE! :D The line of traffic coming INTO port was endless it seemed. No sign of anyone dropping off when we were loading so I'm not sure what the port did with the new passengers. We made it home in about an hour 10 minutes, picked up our dogs and I have the first load of laundry going! Glad to be back home after 2 weeks at sea! :) Tons of pictures coming in a couple of days! :D

GLAD to see you home safe and sound and look forward to seeing your pictures.

WELCOME BACK Suzanne

Suz

Welcome home everyone.

We will have a car service waiting for us when we arrived home. How do they determine who gets off the ship first.

Our driver is to arrive a t10am -will we be off by then?

You will be given color luggage tags that will determine the order in which you will get off the ship. They just call out the color and you can get off the ship:) No way to give you a time of when you will be off the ship as anything can happen. Best thing to do is to call when you dock as it takes at least an hour before they begin to let people off. :)

Hey Suzanne, good to see you're back on terra firma ... for a while anyway!! And thanks again for all your updates while at sea. If I'd been in those conditions there's no way I could have even thought about posting but reading about your experiences and how you dealt with them was really reassuring, even though I'm getting a little apprehensive now about the December 2 cruise!!! Anyhow, can you tell me do we sail past the Statue of Liberty either on the way out or back??

Great pictures BTW!

Hey Suzanne, good to see you're back on terra firma ... for a while anyway!! And thanks again for all your updates while at sea. If I'd been in those conditions there's no way I could have even thought about posting but reading about your experiences and how you dealt with them was really reassuring, even though I'm getting a little apprehensive now about the December 2 cruise!!! Anyhow, can you tell me do we sail past the Statue of Liberty either on the way out or back??

Great pictures BTW!

We'll be fine on 12/2! :D If you are on portside you will see the Statue Of Liberty sailing out of NY:)

Archived