X-1 Package Questions.

nickylu818

I have read that the X-1 package includes wine, soda. My question is would the soda card be better for the child or the X1 just for the soda. ?Mixed Drinks is that included with this package or seperate.:rolleyes:

The X1 Drink Package includes wine, soda, beer only and can be used only when/where food is being served (at the buffet when it is open and at dinner)

Your TA is mistaken. Each person has a card that will or will not be marked X1. With two people traveling together one can have it and one not. I just got off the ship Sunday. I did have to insist my TA order it. She knew less about it than Costa.

What do you mean that one person can only buy the x1 package? Can both drink on it or is it a secret thing? Also what are the time fram that the x1 card is in effect? I was told it is during the eating time, Buffett is all day and night seems like so will we ba able to drink free all day and night? Can someone please tell me how the card works. Is it something both myself and spouse needs to buy as we do like our beer and wine?

One card each if you are both planning on drinking. Otherwise it would be cheating and if everyone does that, they will cancel this thing:confused:. If one person drinks and the other doesn't then yes, you can buy only one card.

There was a previous post where 2 drank on one paid card. Let's remember that these boards are meant for sharing information that is right and fair, not for ways to cheat the system.

Thank you Monicajay! Sometime I read posts and wonder how we got so far away from behaving ethically...something I try to teach my kids daily...

I purchased a wine package for dinners, and 2 kids coupon books for my three daughters to share...should be about 2 drinks a day for them. As a family we don't drink a lot of soda, should not be any different while cruising...

Thank you Monicajay! Sometime I read posts and wonder how we got so far away from behaving ethically...something I try to teach my kids daily...

I purchased a wine package for dinners, and 2 kids coupon books for my three daughters to share...should be about 2 drinks a day for them. As a family we don't drink a lot of soda, should not be any different while cruising...

I suppose you will be reacting to my post initially...ok point taken. We did buy drinks cards for the kids and we spent a lot of money on drinks on the ship otherwise. We tipped our favourite waiters on top of the gratuity bill also. We drank only water on some nights at the dining room as some of us became ill. Costa got their moneys-worth from us. Remember that drinks prices on a ship are also inflated. However i take on board the ethical standpoint also. Mixed feelings here i'm afraid.

We just booked our X1 package yesterday (July 20th 2008 Costa Serena Cruise) - yea, Costa's gonna be sorry for this one!

It was $14 per day which for 7 days came to $98. We booked it with our TA, who had to call Costa, and then added it to our booking.

As we understand it, the choice is house white, house red, house rose or Carlsberg beer on tap.

Me, I prefer red. My wife, well she prefers Chablis. We drink very seldomly while at home :p, but on cruises, well we like to let our hair down. In other words, we each will savour our own bottle of wine at dinner time.

Ok, time out. At $30 a bottle, times two of us, times 7 days, that comes to $420. Since we both paid for the X1 package at $200 total, we can't afford to NOT buy the X1 package. Duh?

And this doesn't even include the bottle of wine each -or- the 2 draft beers each, which we will certainly have with lunch.

The X1 package is a no-brainer - ssshhh, don't tell anybody. Ok?

We just traveled to Alaska on NCL last summer, and we spent about $500 on bottles of wine on that cruise. We could have used the X1 there!

Costa, you guys rock!!!

I know I'm gonna be a repeat customer and I haven't even gone on my first Costa cruise yet! ;)

progress.gif

repeat repeat

As it was our first cruise we weren't sure how this x1 drinks system would pan out hence we only bought it for my hubby initially.Also,the soda is very expensive on board-I would recommend buying the kids soda package as well for the times when the x1 isn't valid-some savings made here (which we did when on board-for the kids and us).You can bring a limited amount of soda on board but i don't know how you could drink it in the bars only your room.The x1 does save you a heap of money if you are not fussy about the type of wine or beer you drink-they are good anyway. You've made a good decision....enjoy!!!! :D

I called Costa today and reserved our X1 package. They were very accomodating. Wife and I are doing back to back 1/6 & 1/13 on Fortuna.

The best thing to do is to call Costa if you are unsure of what you get with this package. It definetely seems a great value, especially if you are wine drinkers like us!

Good morning DW :D , My bride and I are also doing a back 2 back cruise on Fortuna in Feb. 08 and we are wondering if you had to leave the ship at the end of your first week?:confused:

Did you have to re-register?

Were you permitted to change your dining hall?

Were the shows the same for both weeks?

We also took the X1 package.;)

Do you have any great tips to enhance our up-coming cruise vacation.

THANKS!:D

Archived