Captain Marvins refund if skipped? or stay in boat?

momofthreegoobs

We are booked with Capt Marvin for Tuesday Jan 22nd. I am so excited! I do hope we make tender that day.

We dock at 7:00 am and we are supposed to meet at Capt Marvin's by 9:15 or so.

This is our first time to GC. Will we make that meeting time since all the RCL excursion people will get off the boat first????

When should we get in line to tender that morning???

My Aunt and Uncle just got off the NOS and they had 2 GC Priority tender vouchers left and she gave them too me?? Think they will work???

Is it safe too bring our own video camera along to tape from the boat??

Thanks for any advice.

Michelle

I'd try and be on a tender by at least 8:15 or so, or even earlier if you can manage to get off. I am not sure what time the shops open, but even if they aren't, you can wander around. Toward the Hard Rock, there's a really cool sculpture of stingrays, and it really makes for a good picture. I think it might be a fountain, I don't remember for sure, but it's easy to spot.

Heck, I'd try the tickets. You move along pretty quickly and I really doubt they'd even look at them. Just get in line and act like you know what you're doing. :)

We always take our video camera, regular camera and water cameras on our excursions with CM's. There's not that many people on the boat, and everyone just leaves their things on the boat. We've never had a problem with anything missing. We usually sit toward the front of the boat, and just shove our things (I usually take along a big beach bag) under the seat and place our towels over that.

You also won't have any problems with things getting wet. At least we've never had a problem. It's fun to watch the stingrays coming toward the boat. I've got a lot of video of this. They see you coming and they are like a moth to a flame. The water is as clear as a swimming pool...so it's very easy to see them.

Do you think the short excursion will be long enough...that way we can do some other things.

If it's your first visit to GC, I'd do the short one. That way you'll have time to do a couple of other things. That's what we did the first time we were there. We were in port from 7-4:30 and we did an island tour, the short excursion with CM's and then had time for a quick lunch.

Archived