Splendor Anyone?

CruiserGuy1234

My that is appetizing! I wanted so badly to do the CC Spledor cruise that Randy is hosting but it falls at a bad time for us. I know that when pricing came out for it I wanted to jump on because it was such a great deal for one and a brand new ship for two but we just couldn't do it and it sucked! We will get to her at some point no matter what I have to do to get to her!

I think the 7 day Eastern Carribean out of Ft Lauderdale fron Nov 29 to Jan 24 is a very good price and itinerary.

after that shes off to South America around the straight of Magellan and up to LA.

• 2 weeks later...
Ditto.....I agree......I want a ship....not an amusement park....:eek: :D ...and if it ain't broke....don't fix it ;)

I'm with you.. and I definitely do not want a MALL either. I want to see the WATER.

Dreaming about Splendor in 2009 (wish I could do your group cruise, Randy, but I am still stuck on going on school vacations).

we are looking at the Splendor. It has been a toss up for us. We had fun on the Pride but our kids would have enjoyed all that RCI offers. But RCI is soooo expensive for what we want. We can take two cruises with balcony on the newest ship for the price of one on RCI. Our kid may just have to live without a skating rink,it isnt like they have had it yet on a boat. AND the Slendor will have a mini golf, water slide, movie theatre, etc. Which is more than the Pride had.

My question, those spa rooms, they have a deck above them. Am I going to hear chairs scraping?

My question, those spa rooms, they have a deck above them. Am I going to hear chairs scraping?

It depends on which of the spa rooms you are looking at. We are on the Panorama Deck and will be right below the waiting area for the spa. The spa rooms are on the Spa Deck and the Panorama Deck. I looked at getting a suite on the Port side but didn't want to be under the fitness room, that's why we booked the Starboard side. If you are concerned about hearing the scraping of chairs from the deck about just book on the Panorama deck under another cabin.

I am also contemplating booking the Splendor for her maiden voyage in July for my husband and I ... our 10th anniversary happens to fall in the sailing dates.

Should I be nervous about booking a first sailing of a ship? I'm not paranoid, just wondering if we'll encounter any bugs that need to be worked out. It looks like a fabulous ship. I have only sailed on the Fantasy and Imagination, so I've never been on one of the newer Carnival ships!

TVChick16, I think it will run smoothly. I am sure they get staff from ships that have already been in service. I am sure that staff that has senority will want to be on the new ships and after doing their jobs for as long as they have, it will be no problem. We are looking at New Years which is months after the first sailing. If you are concerned with effeciency, book months after the first sailing.

There should really be a thread "stickied" for the Splendor. a new class ship...granted its not HUGE changes.. doesn't get built every day and with technology the way it is, it's a shame we can't have a webcam setup to watch the construction.

The pics from the OP are the Costa Concordia and it has been stated that the Splendor will have a "similar" design but with an Asian theme to it.

There have been a couple updates to the site recently. the pictures of the construction go up to 35 now and the main page that shows the cutaway of the ship with hotlinks now shows what the Lido pool, theater and dining room will look like.... very hip design and the pool looks amazing.

the wife and I booked 1101 on the spa deck and seems to be in a good spot. Very curious to see what the spa balcony staterooms are going to look like since they are to be decor'd in the same theme as the spa.

in closing... Someone Make a Sticky Thread About the Splendor !! I think a lot of people on this board would like to follow her as she gets closer to sailing.

How come there doesn't seem to be any excitement about Carnival Splendor? The Celebrity board is full of talk about Solstice (first of it's new Spa-centric class of ships), and it's coming out way after Splendor. I think Splendor is going to be fantastic. Too bad it appears it will be a one-of-a-kind for Carnival, instead of a new class of ships. Originally designed for Costa and similar to Concordia, I sure hope it succeeds to the point of convincing Carnival to build some 'sisters'.

she has a state of the art spa, 40,000 square feet.

i think because there is no Conquest class in California because they cant fit it through the canal that they made the splendor to accomodate California, where there is a big spa market.

as for those impatiently griping about a completely new design thats where the dream and magic come into play.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked the two day out of Fort Lauderdale for Nov. 15th. I really just want to try it and this will be quick but we live 3 hours north so not a big distance. I am excited to hear more about it. :)

Make sure you poke your head into the roll call for the 11/15 sailing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=564489

We booked for October (Greek Isles) and one of the interesting things that we discovered is that the ocean view rooms are larger than the standard balcony room. The standard balcony room is 185 square feet plus the the 35 square feet for the balcony. Ocean view rooms are 210 square feet. So the space the balcony occupied is brought into the living space in an ocean view.

Archived