grand cayman for dummies

wdwhuckster

Yes, when you get off your tender boat you will be on the pier, which leads you to an info center where folks meet up for or choose excursions and there are shops there also. It's a very safe place, we walked around a bit but had an excursion to get to so not as much as I'd have liked. BUt we did see tons of folks walking all over. Getting a taxi depends on where you want to go. There is shopping available right there, but I'm sure someone else who shopped more can tell you if there are other places to shop farther away that you'd need a cab for.

Have fun!

ok we never been,

yalking mariner, when we get off tender or peir whats is there as you step on shore?

can you walk to markets? do u need a taxi is it realively safe?

thank you

There is a great sticky thread at the top of the page, you should start there. :)

LINK: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449552

You might not be as close to the shopping as the ships that land at the North or South landing, but it is around a block or two walk to the main shops. I noted that all the RCI ships were tendering people in at Royal Watler cruise terminal and the Carnival, Celebrity, and Pricess ships (4 total) were using North and South, which is more convenient because it is right across from Island Plaza and Margaritaville :)

You might not be as close to the shopping as the ships that land at the North or South landing, but it is around a block or two walk to the main shops. I noted that all the RCI ships were tendering people in at Royal Watler cruise terminal and the Carnival, Celebrity, and Pricess ships (4 total) were using North and South, which is more convenient because it is right across from Island Plaza and Margaritaville :)

Hmmm...didn't know there were 2 places to tender to/from. Thanks for the info.

Archived