Not much to do in Belize if you don't book an excursion...

superwell

If you don't book an excursion from home for belize, don't bother even getting off the ship. There is not much to buy and if you leave the port area you will be surrounded by locals that want to sell you something or trip. Very scarry IMO.

Just a heads up

I agree...this is a port that you need to have something set up. It truley is a fantastic port. Some of the best snorkeling and then you have the jungle. However, it is a tender port that lands you in a "secure" area with few shops. Its been about 2yrs since I was there but this was an area that I would not venture out into the streets. We went cave tubing and our guide did stop along the way for a cold beer and shopping. Ive done alot of 3rd world travel and frankly those countries are my first pick but when you get out of the van and the parking lot of a remote store is guared my armed military, one should have some concern. I never felt unsafe but was cautious in my surroundings.

There are awesome excursions in Belize...did mine with a private company and they were great. Cave tubed as a group of 6 and a guide vs the ships group of 100 and maybe 2-3 guides.

Archived