First time family sailing Navigator on 3/24???

Our family and another are sailing the Navigator of the Seas for the first time. Both families have two teenagers. We are looking for suggestions and recommendations for onboard and offshore activities and any cautions you can give us. A friend recommended this site as a good place to find experts. Help, this is all new to us.

Our family and another are sailing the Navigator of the Seas for the first time. Both families have two teenagers. We are looking for suggestions and recommendations for onboard and offshore activities and any cautions you can give us. A friend recommended this site as a good place to find experts. Help, this is all new to us.

How long is your cruise and where are you going? Also what are the ages of the teens?

There are so many activities on board. If the teenagers are younger (13-17) there is a teen club where they can meet other teens. They have skating (you can borrow skates on board), dodge ball tournaments, (my son loved that), the rock wall is awesome (son did that too). Lying in the sun is great. I would just have the teens check in with you on a regular basis. They probably will enforce a curfew too so no late nights. I think it would be a good idea to stick together in port (not let teens go off on their own). There are tons of excursions you can read about on the RCI website and plenty of time to book on board, but don't leave it too late.

Have a great time.

hey hutchmfam

Go here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=618829

These are some of the people on the cruise who are getting to know each other. It is a meet and mingle board for those on your cruise. There are already some families with teens and they can give you some advice.

You can also get to know some of us before you board

Darrell Duncan

We have 2 teen girls and they had a ball with all the activities that AO has for them, but in GC we just went shopping for the first part of the day and then we went swimming at the public beach. I have to say there is no swimming like the swimming at GC!! The water was so blue and the sand was so white and soft!! We loved it.

My only caution is if your trip goes to Jamaica. They are really agressive there and my DH kept and extra watch on all of us. I would definately do Dunns River Falls trip.

But over all have fun!

Archived