Dinner on Carnival...

MamaParrotHead

Can someone explain this to me? LOL This will be our first time cruising with our kids, and as our group is growing by leaps and bounds, so are the number and varied ages of kids coming along for the fun!

We're obviously going to do the early seating with the kiddos. I'm 90% sure my kiddos will be fine sitting through dinner, but some of the other younger kids may have trouble with that.

How does it "work" to attend dinner sans kiddos? Would the parents be responsible for feeding the kids prior to dropping them off at CC? Is it an option (I know I would probably rather sit with my kids while they eat, if nothing else, to make sure they actually EAT something instead of socialize, LOL). If not, does the CC staff feed them at the buffet? (this would be a concern of mine, as DS, who will be 6 at that time, has an egg and peanut allergy, and although I've informed Carnival of that fact, I'd most likely still worry about it, LOL). This may also be a plan if we decide to take advantage of the Supper Club one night.

Thanks!

We had the early setting and we let our little ones pick what they wanted to do and they chose to eat dinner with their friends in Camp Carnival 99.99% of the time.

I am looking at my Capers and it says:

5:00pm-5:45pm Camp Carnival is closed to prepare for dinner

5:45 PROPMT Camp Carnival Dinner - (and then is has the dinner menu listed for the night)

It looks like there are one or two different main entrees every night and then they have cheese and pepperoni pizza, french fries, fresh garden salad, hot dogs, vanilla ice cream, and fruit salad offered every night also...

Hope this helps:)

Also, I see that you were on the Valor and just to give you a little perspective on how it works...

My girls would have dinner in Rosie's Restaurant - you know when you go up the stairs to the left (where the huge picture of Rosie the Riveter is on the wall and where you get the awesome fish and chips:D )- they would block that area off and you would have to sign the kids in and out just like you have to in Camp Carnival. Our dinner seating was 6:15 and their dinner started at 5:45 so it worked out perfect;)

On the Carnival ships we've been on, the kids dining was set up like a buffet with those choices named above on the buffet. My concern (in the case of your child) is the cross contamination of food.

So for the other kids, yes, they can eat with Camp Carnival at 5:45pm. But maybe it would be better to feed your child before you go to the supper club (there would be lots of options to do so)? I could just imagine you would be worried sick and not be able to relax at the supper club. ;)

Archived