seating options

shop516

Main Seating (or early) is usually at 6:15. Depending upon what type of off shore activities you enjoy and your schedule will determine whether or not this is TOO early. If you are like us and had to get back to the ship, get a shower and change into suitable dining attire, then you need to be back on the ship by 4:30 or so. This was a little early for me to be back on ship, however, the thought of dining until 10:00 p.m. never set with me (or more importantly DH!). So, we did go for main dining. Late seating is at 8:30 p.m. I believe. I think that this time would be more condusive to sitting quietly on the balcony sipping a martini and munching on cheese and crackers before dressing for the evening.

However, if you do late seating, then the theater shows are before dinner and you have to be dressed in the dinner attire for that day while in the theater. So 6 of one, half dozen of another as we say......

Ultimately, your decision ;)

shop516, check out Ports of Call about 14 threads down from the Stickys. I forget the exact title, but it's about Med. dining times and may give you an idea of what to expect.

Let me know what you encounter on your cruise. We are on the verge of booking Summit for June '09.

will get you a lot of varying opinions, like "being rushed", and too early, or too late, etc.

Our choice is to book the early seating, and if we feel "rushed", we just go to one of the alternative eating venues at our leisure....no sweat for us!:D

Usually, we are back from tours in the early afternoon, and possibly for lunch on board. Our tours are mostly in the morning slots.

We do not like to finish our dinner at 10:30 pm, and like more of an evening after our dinner, than before.

Cocktails start at 5....:D and after two martinis I am ready to eat.....:)

Main Seating (or early) is usually at 6:15. Depending upon what type of off shore activities you enjoy and your schedule will determine whether or not this is TOO early. If you are like us and had to get back to the ship, get a shower and change into suitable dining attire, then you need to be back on the ship by 4:30 or so. This was a little early for me to be back on ship, however, the thought of dining until 10:00 p.m. never set with me (or more importantly DH!). So, we did go for main dining. Late seating is at 8:30 p.m. I believe. I think that this time would be more condusive to sitting quietly on the balcony sipping a martini and munching on cheese and crackers before dressing for the evening.

However, if you do late seating, then the theater shows are before dinner and you have to be dressed in the dinner attire for that day while in the theater. So 6 of one, half dozen of another as we say......

Ultimately, your decision ;)

If you have late seating the theater shows are not always before dinner. Sometimes they are after dinner.

Archived