Just back from Milli..any questions

Fun Loving

The deck plan is marked with little triangles which indicate which rooms have the upper berths. We were not aware of that at the time. quote]

Do the upper berths get in the way and take up some space in the room?

There are not down when only two people in the room. You can see the outline of the unit in the ceiling. We didn't notice that they were there until we were trying to figure out why there were wooden knobs on the side walls. We figured out that they were in place to rest one side of the lowered berth.

We did see them down when we walked past a room being cleaned. There was a ladder at the end that was used to climb up to the berth. They drop down over the twin beds on the side walls in that room. Hope this helps.

That is totally untrue. Millennium has the new bedding with the round curved matrasses, the new sheets, etc. It was rolled out in April 2007.

Floris

Did they change all of the mattresses on the Millennium or did they just change them in the concierge, balcony and suite rooms? It appears that some folks have posted that they have had hard mattresses in their inside cabins. I'm actually trying to find out the answer to this question as I am sailing on Millennium this Sunday and want to know if I should bring a memory foam topper or pillowtop to soften the bed (back and neck problems).

Did they change all of the mattresses on the Millennium or did they just change them in the concierge, balcony and suite rooms? It appears that some folks have posted that they have had hard mattresses in their inside cabins. I'm actually trying to find out the answer to this question as I am sailing on Millennium this Sunday and want to know if I should bring a memory foam topper or pillowtop to soften the bed (back and neck problems).

It is hard to answer your question. Deck 2 in room 2215 had a hard lumpy area near the hips. It is hard to say if the mattress was new or not. I did not wake with any pain. The pillows were good. I sleep with a memory pillow at home and I did not miss it.

Archived