Princess...whats the deal??

chrisa222

Pekachryn, comparing Carnival to Princess, HAL, Celebrity, Crystal and Seabourn seems a little odd. Well, maybe not comparing but indicating your preference for them. The last two are entirely out of class. They are luxury lines, while Carnival and the others are Mainstream lines. Somewhat like indicating a preference for Haut-Brion rather than Gallo -- not too surprising.

But I do agree with you on all of them.

Bill

Ok, my reply started out huge but I just copy/pasted it for later, I'll keep this post simple.

Don't go on a Princess cruise expecting a Celebrity cruise. Don't go on Carnival expecting Princess. Etc. Etc. Decide what's most important for you. If you want a specific itinerary, see which cruises have an itinerary you like. Then narrow it down based on price or ship (whichever's more important). Personally I want the best bang for my buck. I look at the longer cruises, and try to pick out the ones that are the cheapest per day. Then I check out itinerary, then the ship. If the price is right, the itinerary is one we like, and the ship isn't just completely horrible, we go for it. Let's say there's two cruises that are a similar price, similar itinerary, but different ships. Then I'll do more research on the ships and try to pick the best one. We've been on four cruise lines so far (five in May, our first Princess cruise), and have not been disappointed yet. I get an idea of what the cruise will be like before it's booked, make sure we all have realistic expectations (such as telling my little sister that there probably won't be too many kids on a trans-atlantic, that was fine with her and she still had a blast), and we have a great time with memories to last a lifetime. If I tied myself to just one cruise line, then our choices would be more limited and we probably wouldn't go on as many cruises (can't afford to cruise Disney all the time, else we'd end up going once every few years instead of once or twice a year).

Archived