Scooters in St. Martin

xxjulzxx

Last year in Cozumel we rented scooters for the day and had an awesome experience!

Are scooters as popular in St. Martin as they were in Cozumel?

Would it be safe to ride a scooter to Maho Beach and park there to watch the planes?

Anyone know how much they run?

Thanks! :)

I know that all of the literature from the ship frowns on people renting scooters, but we have done it numerous times whenever we are in St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I don't recall what the cost was, sorry, but we took them to the beach to watch the planes also and it was great. We think it's a great way to see the islands at our own pace and stop whenever we want and always felt that the cost was reasonable.

I did it, scooters are available from the rental agencies right at the pier and also those by the side of the road as you walk towards Phillipsburg. Cost was around $40. It's a great place to ride, easy to get around and I did go to Maho as well, which is awesome!

I did it, scooters are available from the rental agencies right at the pier and also those by the side of the road as you walk towards Phillipsburg. Cost was around $40. It's a great place to ride, easy to get around and I did go to Maho as well, which is awesome!

Do you have to pay for insurance or anything on the scooters to be able to rent them?

I don't think there was any mandatory insurance, and I forget if they offer optional insurance like on a car. I always bring my own bike helmet as well since it is more comfortable than theirs.

I've heard / read the roads are not in the best condition and they are very small. Is this true?

Was it a scary experience? Haha!

Thanks for the info! :D

I've heard / read the roads are not in the best condition and they are very small. Is this true?

Was it a scary experience? Haha!

Thanks for the info! :D

Roads are fine, I never noticed any particularly bad and they are normal width, didn't see many narrow hills like say St. Thomas.

• 9 months later...

Me and 5 other of my friends are planning on doing the same thing. Question is will they hold 2 people to cut down on our costs?? If you think they do how are the scooters going up the hills with the weight of 2 people.

Also we are all 21, do you know if they have age restrictions on the scooters?

THANKS

Archived