I have to ask: anyone ever done 4 in a mini-suite?

buttah75

With older kids?

Just curious. It's virtually the same price for us to do a mini and an inside for the kids, which is what we have reserved... but we'd have a much wider choice of mini's if we didn't need the cabin across, so I'm curious...

Is four really tight? Is one bathroom really impossible?

I think I already now the answer, but being OCD, I have to ask.

It may be called a minisuite but remember that it is just really a very small hotel room. It's just less small than the lower category rooms. I fit in a minisuite with my husband but wouldn't consider adding anyone other thann maybe one very small child to the room. Maybe.

Well... maybe I'm cheap, but we've sailed with our teenagers to Alaska twice, both times all in one cabin. Once in a regular balcony cabin, and once in an oceanview cabin. We were a bit tight, sure, but rarely were all in the room at once except to sleep. Our most recent sailing to Alaska was just DH and I, in an inside cabin. It was nice just the two of us, however, I did miss the bit of closeness and chaos we had when our boys went with us... and look back at those sailings with fondness, especially now that they've moved out and made us empty nesters.

Had I purchased 2 cabins each time, we likely wouldn't have afforded to sail Alaska 3 years in a row plus an added vacation here and there...

It's all boils down to your personal priority, my opinion...

sym, since the additional passenger fees in these rooms (balcony or mini) are virtually THE SAME as an additional inside cabin (around $795 pp), it's not more expensive to do it this way!

It just would have given us choice of rooms, because there aren't that many places on the ship where the across-from situation exists.

sym, since the additional passenger fees in these rooms (balcony or mini) are virtually THE SAME as an additional inside cabin (around $795 pp), it's not more expensive to do it this way!

Right! :) For us, however, it would've amounted to more so we chose to bunk up! Regardless, if my family of 4 (DH, myself, and 2 teens) can have a wonderful week all sharing one cabin, it can be done by others as well!:D

Archived