Mariner Review (3/28/2004)

Joanne and Fred. Yes the Radison has shuttle to get you back to the hotel. But it is kinda slow. If the wait gets too long you may want to get a taxi. We really liked the Radison.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

Joanne and Fred, we walked off the ship around 8:45, had our luggage in 15 minutes and walked right up to the shuttle. In our case, there was no waiting at all. I think it's just a matter of timing. I can't imagine that the wait would ever be long at all. The hotel is only ~2 miles from the port. Trip each way is less than 5 minutes.

FnyFACEnAL, I think everyone will agree that the new "surcharges" for all of the small things are getting a bit ridiculous. $3.95 for JR, $6/day for the Coke cards, ~$4 for Ben & Jerry's. Johnny Rockets is nothing special, but it is a nice change from the Windjammer one or twice during the week. RCCL claims that they have added the surcharge to cut down on the traffic from people who eat there over & over again. Not many people seemed to care about to charge once it was time to eat. The place was typically pretty busy.

As for the ice cream, don't waste your money on Ben & Jerry's. It's kinda pricey to me. If you're over that way, Sprinkles is right next to it. That's where you get the free frozen-yogurt. They also have one on Deck 11 by the pools. The frozen yogurt was pretty darn good and very popular with the passengers.

Kevin

Mariner of the Seas 3/04

Grand Princess 2/03

Archived