Tuscany Tours by Paola & Giuseppe

Hi All,

I am posting to recommend a great tour company for Livorno/Florence:

Paola and Giuseppe of http://www.florencetours.com

We were booked for June 20th and unfortunately we had to cancel with late notice :(

(As of now they are still available for June 20th, but sure they will book fast since it is high season)

They have been terrific with quick email correspondence, thorough, and very understanding. We were referred to them by a fabulous guide that we used a few years ago, Salvatore of DriveAmalfi.com, who gets great reviews on CC often. I am confident we would have enjoyed our tour with them.

So, if anyone is looking for a driver, contact them and let them know Becky referred you :)

Happy Cruising!

This is a very strange posting....did Paola tell you that if you put a positive post on these boards they will not charge you a cancellation fee???

She has very stringent cancellation fees....I find it hard to believe she would be so "easy" to work with.

We had a horrible experience with her a couple of years ago. We found her to be unscrupulous and difficult to deal with.

We also toured with Salvatore from Drive Amalfi....he was a wonderful guide and true gentleman.

I have traveled a lot and use private guides quite a bit....I never had a bad experience until Paola.

Hi Glsebs,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I had contacted Salvatore for our tour, but since he doesn't do Florence, he recommended them so I trusted they were a good choice.

To answer your question, no she didn't suggest anything like that.

........Actually, as a gesture of appreciation, I told her I was going to let CC know that even though things didn't work out, we had a positive experience. The correspondence was terrific and she proved herself to be reasonable. She didn't mention a cancelation fee, maybe since it was 3 weeks in advance. Perhaps she adjusted the cancelation policy to improve business.

Also, I know it's high season and I'm sure there are travelers that still have tours to book, I thought I would just put it out there. Since she was so accommodating, I wanted to reciprocate in a way I could :)

Though it is high season, this is a slower year than most (probably partically due to the decreased numbers from the US with the bad dollar-euro situation.) It is very likely that anyone can get a fine very guide lined up, even with short notice. We had a super experience with Giovanni Sirabella of Sunflower Tours with a comprehensive tour of the tuscancy countryside, just a few weeks ago.

Archived