Does Stan Sykes still perform on the Star?

boss_lady

Anyone who has just sailed on the Star, do you know if Stan Sykes (Mr. Motown) is still performing in the Carousal Lounge? He was on the Star last August and we really enjoyed listening to his music. Hoping he will still be on the Star in February. Thanks in advance.

Bosslady:)

Anyone who has just sailed on the Star, do you know if Stan Sykes (Mr. Motown) is still performing in the Carousal Lounge? He was on the Star last August and we really enjoyed listening to his music. Hoping he will still be on the Star in February. Thanks in advance.

He was there on the cruise that ended June 7th. I have no idea how long his contract is.

Additionally, if you like the Motown sound, there was a trio called Horizon that performed on the main stage in the Stardust Theater, twice. On their second night, there was only one show and the theater was almost standing room only. In fact, there were people standing because the few available seats were the undesirable ones at the far right and left in the first few rows. Get there early if you want a good seat. ;) Not sure how long Horizon will be entertaining, but since they were a "crowd-pleaser" I would imagine NCL would want to keep them around. Or not.

Thank you both. I believe he has a web site and I will try to look it up to see if he scheduled on the Star in February. Will also see if Horizon will still be on the ship. Again thank you.

Not only is Stan a really good Motown musician, he's also a truly well-rounded musician who appreciates really good music in ALL its forms, classical, folk, jazz, etc.

He's also a really, really nice man and nothing makes him happier than people getting up and dancing to his music.

Not only is Stan a really good Motown musician, he's also a truly well-rounded musician who appreciates really good music in ALL its forms, classical, folk, jazz, etc.

He's also a really, really nice man and nothing makes him happier than people getting up and dancing to his music.

Weren't you on the Star to Alaska August 11-18? Missed you at the our little Meet & Greet in the Spinnaker Lounge during sail off. Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did.

We had a long conversation with him after one of his sets and what an amazing man. Looking forward to listening to him again.

Thank you, Bosslady:)

Here's his website and myspace page

http://www.stansykes.net/home.html

http://www.myspace.com/stansykes

Maybe you can send him an email to see if he'll be on the Star during your cruise.

Thank you for the websites. I had them on my other computer before the new one and lost them. I just might do that. Thanks again.

Weren't you on the Star to Alaska August 11-18? Missed you at the our little Meet & Greet in the Spinnaker Lounge during sail off. Hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did.

We had a long conversation with him after one of his sets and what an amazing man. Looking forward to listening to him again.

Thank you, Bosslady:)

Yes, we were, and we were on the next as a B2B--we missed the M&G...sorry! There had been a mess-up on some of our pre-cruise arrangements (like they lost all our Lattitude info...) and we had to clear it up. We had an AWESOME time! It was our first time in Alaska and we loved it. The trip of the Sawyer arm was warm and sunny and beautiful. The next week it was cold and the water was all filled with ice--there was a berg 3x the size of an excursion yacht there. It was a TOTALLY different and completely amazing experience.

I had heard that our sailing was the only one to get as close as we did to the glacier. We were very fortunate to have that experience. It was a beautiful trip to/from Sawyer Glacier.

Glad to hear you had a great time, twice. When you do b2b cruises are you able to stay on the ship or do you have to disembark like everyone else? Just curious.

• 7 years later...

I just completed acruise to potugal and the Baltics and stan was still wowing them....that was may 2015