Sapphire Beach: Help w/ Snorkeling ?

gobucks4

Does anyone know if you can rent snorkeling equipment at Saph. Beach?

My son (15yrs) wants to snorkel from a boat but I get very seasick and I was hoping you could do some great snorkeling from the beach?

Glory 8/16/2008:confused:

I was at Sapphire Beach in October 08 and you could rent snorkeling gear there at that time. We brought our own snorkeling gear and saw lots of fish and sea turtles... not much coral, though. The water was clear and calm. The view is spectacular--St. John is what you'll be looking at as you lie on the beach.

do you think sapphire beach is the best for st thomas, i have heard so many things about all of the other beaches? Also, did Sapphire have chairs, umbrellas, food etc... Thanks so much

do you think sapphire beach is the best for st thomas, i have heard so many things about all of the other beaches? Also, did Sapphire have chairs, umbrellas, food etc... Thanks so much

Hi

I was there last year sept as well, there were chairs for rent and snorkel equipment. The beach i find is great..the fish are plentiful..and they are very close to the shore. Take some bread, or even a can of cheese spread that you can squeez under water..wow..they love that. The service is not the best because the time of year was slow. So check with trip advisor for more info on the when you are traveling there. The restaurant was closed when we were there. They seem to have trouble keeping it open.

Take some water shoes, the beach is rocky in some parts but it is really beautiful...

I was at Sapphire Beach in October 08 and you could rent snorkeling gear there at that time. We brought our own snorkeling gear and saw lots of fish and sea turtles... not much coral, though. The water was clear and calm. The view is spectacular--St. John is what you'll be looking at as you lie on the beach.

Do you think this is the best beach, there are so many and I have heard alot about them. Also does Sapphire have chairs, umbrellas, food etc...

• 4 weeks later...

What you are looking for... snorkeling, swimming, bar, food, hanging out, few people, lots of people...?

Sapphire is a nice beach. Good snorkeling from shore. Mostly sandy on the left side when facing water. Some small pebbles about mid-beach and then more so on the far right. Some shade from seagrape trees. Equipment (snorkel, chairs, floats, windsurfers, kayaks) rentals are available from the beach watersports booth.

Check out a beach guide for St. Thomas if you want to look at Sapphire in addition to other beaches and compare: try http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=st.+thomas+beach+guide&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8.

--Islander

Archived