Snorkeling in Cabo Question

greenstar

Our cruise is getting really close and I have yet to decide what to do as far as a snorkeling tour. :mad: I'm just afraid of making the wrong decision. :confused: I've been all over board and finding that I should book something outside of Carnival. I looked into that and found that all with the CCs recommendations the tours arrive back around 2:30 - 3:00. That makes me a bit nervous. What have some of you experienced? Also with the Carnival sponsored tours, how were they. Money's a little tight, so I was looking at the cheaper one, it didn't offer all the food like the other, and that was fine with us. This particular one anchors at Pelican Rock, has anyone been there. Thanks so much for any input!

Nina

Don't expect anything special when snorkeling in Cabo, expecially if you are used to the Caribbean. We saw a few fish near pelican rock but that's about it. We opted to go with the public sail of cabosail dot com. It ended up being us and another couple. The sail was tons of fun and the crew was great.

Kim

I'll second that. Nothing like the caribbean. The water is not near as clear or blue and it was cold on us on a May cruise. Cabo actually we did a snorkel tour and it really was too rough to snorkel so we enjoyed the tour itself on a catamaran through Carnival and had a good time. There were scuba divers on the surfice snorkeling like because the currents were really bad and the visability wasn't any good at all that day. They were the best pictures I got - kind of like fish right? LOL :D Debbie

Thanks, for those replies. I am used to the Caribbean and that was one of my concerns. :eek: We have 2 boys 12 & 13, neither have been snorkeling, both like the ocean and like to swim. They wanted to try snorkeling, myself I just want to see the imfamous Arch. I think that if there isn't much for them to see underwater, they are going to get bored and then we might be stuck on this tour. Any suggestions for something that would be interesting for 2 teen boys? :confused:

TIA

Nina

Steve and Jenny,

I did finally get to look at the Buccaneer Queen's website. It does look like fun. I couldn't find pricing. Can you tell me the pricing or do I need to email them?

Archived