Denali Bear or Traitor Bears (worth extra $)

50States

We are goint to Denali and were originally going on the TWT. After reading a bit on CC I am going to look into a refund and try to go further in on the shuttle. I am hoping to see Bears on this trip.

I also am planning a Island Wings Fjord Flight and am seriously thinking about adding on the Traitor Bear viewing, but the price is rather steep ($300 on top of the orginal $200) per person (4 or us).

Will seeing bears at Traitor be unique or will it just be like viewing the bears at Denali? If we will most likily see many more bears, or longer viewings, or closer viewing then the extra price of the Traitor Bear viewing may be worth it. Otherwise we could probably do something else with the extra $1200 dollars.

Opinions appreciated.

We're doing the Traitor's Cove / Misty Fjords combination with Island Wings for $539 each in August. I booked Traitor's Cove first after researching as I want to see bear catching salmon. I don't think you can see that in Denali, or at least can't see the bear nearly as close up as at Traitor's Cove.

We are still doing the TWT in Denali as we did this tour in 2005 and enjoyed it. Maybe sometime in the future we'll do the shuttle bus but for this trip, we're sticking with TWT.

How many bears do you want to see? Most people see bears at Denali. Is that enough?

I'm not kidding very much when I say that I am thinking of starting a post-retirement business in Alaska. I attract bears like crazy. I could take people around on my daily life and show them bears!

You can help me unload groceries from my Subaru and yell when the bears come to 'help'.

Seriously I can hardly go for a hike in Alaska without seeing a bear. Is it luck? Good luck or bad luck?

I've seen many visitors to Alaska drive right past bears as they go down the road. Many folks sleep on the trains and tour buses and miss seeing bears.

I've even seen visitors walk, WALK past bears at Portgage Glacier and not see them.

I think you will see plenty bears.

We went with Michele 2 years ago and it was unbelievable up close and personnel. Worth every hard earned penny. We also did Denali and yes we saw bears they were so far away even with a 12 zoom digtal camera it was hard. Our trip with Michelle was the talk of our trip and the photos we got incredible. To do again would be no question go with Michele!!

She is booked (bears) this trip but we are doing Misty Fjords with her. Instead we will be seeing bears out of Kenia(sp) with fishing included. good luck with whatever you choose Karon:)

Archived