nervous excitment! 11 days and counting! any advice?

knhall2005

ok, so me and my hubby my sis and her hubby are going on our very first cruise ,we are going on carnival's holiday. my hubby and brother in law and sis are all cool as a cucumbers and as for me well i am turing into a ball of nervousness!:o i have these crazy fears as in what if the boat breaks down or sinks?? what if i puke the entire time!?:eek: i want to go and relax but i feel like i am going to want to explore everything that the boat has and i won't be able to sit still for very long to relax! i dont know what to do and when to do it, i dont wanna miss anything? is this normal behavior or am i wigging out? also have any of you ever been on this boat, i heard it was old! i live in mobile which is where the port is and i see the boat all the time, its looks old and SMALL! and btw is there anyway in the world to sneek some alcohol in inside my suit case? just how much are those little mixed drinks on that boat i have heard $10+!! we are taking about $800 and dont plan to shop in mexico, should that be enough? any advice is helpful!

thanks!

Mrs Hall ;)

Yes, the Holiday is "mature" and a little weary, but she is the sister ship to the Celebration, which we sailed twice and enjoyed the whole time. My DW always said before her first cruise (HAL Alaska trip), "You'll know me, I'll be the only one with a life jacket on in the dining room.":D She has not worn it except for lifeboat drills, Chill out and plan to enjoy the cruise!!! Drinks are around $8 each in the "Drink of the Day" tell the server you wish it in a regular glass, you'll save money!! I have heard that Carival has changed their policy on bringing alcohol onboard, continue to check on this forum.

thanks! also another question...yeah im full of them! when the boat arrives in mexico are you on the beach where you can snorkle and swim or do you have to go get a taxi and go to a beach club? we have not booked any shore excursions alot of people have told us to wait until we get to mexico and sign up for them, we want to snorkle and ride jet skis and maybe get a massage! we also heard not to miss senior frogs.

We're going on the Aug 2 Holiday cruise; my third on the Holiday. You picked a good ship for your first cruise. It was my first too. The last time I was on her was last October. You can get a taxi in Cozumel and tell them you want to go to a beach. You should research the net to see which beach you want to go to. Best snorkeling is usually by boat though from what I understood.

Drinks range in prices. A guess would be between $5 - $8 depending on your tastes but I've never had a $10 one. I'm sure they have them though. as far as taking your own; that's a risk you have to decide on.

I have forgot the other questions but feel free to ask and I'll try to help. But biggest thing is relax and enjoy the cruise.:) You'll have a wonderful time.

Archived