Did you sail Port or Starboard on the STAR for Mexican Riviera?

alemap

I can't decide which side would be a better view for a balcony room, can anyone help me out? Or does it just not really matter? Maybe someone who has sailed the Mexican Riviera already?

Looking at the ship and it's itinerary, I would think I would like to be starboard, since on the way down the coast we are at sea, and on the way back up is when we hit the ports, and could possibly see the coast line as we sail. However, Roberto, the Acapulco "guru" has said in his posts that when the ship docks, it docks port side. I was wondering how they dock at the other ports. I would like to have a cabin that faces the ports as we come in and dock.

Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Pam

Since the Star makes its long nonstop run south to Acapulco, then makes its stops heading back north, we decided Starboard would be the best bet for having things to see as we head back north, presumably closer to shore. So we're booked, in January, for a Starboard minisuite. We hope it is a good choice! We were on the Star once before and had a minisuite, also Deck 11, on Port side -- for Hawaii it didn't matter much as the ship approached different islands from different angles.

Can't wait!

On the way south, you might get a nice view of the arch at Cabos San Lucas if you were on the port side, but most of the time you will be out of sight of land. While anchored in the harbor at Cabos, we could see land in every direction except stern, but that may change depending on the wind. In Acapulco, the upper port side had a great view of the fort but the starboard side could see the bay and the city across the bay. In PV, the port side had a lovely view of a WalMart. It doesn't matter much which side you're on.

- Mike

Yes, there are Star Dailies out there, posted by Catcgirl, you may have to go back a couple pages.

Well, thanks for the advice. We are in a mini-suite on the starboard side, and looking forward to it!

Archived