Notarised letters for MINORS

ScotFi

Hi

Have just had a conversation with my lawyer regarding the letter my duaghter drafted. This was following advice from fellow cruise critic members. We followed the template set out on a website link.

He is now asking that my grandsons father now signs which requires the letter to be changed and to include his name. He no longer lives with my daughter and they have never been married. He never applied for parental rights and therefore has no legal rights in Scottish law. Although he provides for his son and has weekly contact. This is to keep in line with American law. It just seems to be growing hands and feet. I suppose this is the problem when travelling and each country has its own rules and laws.

Someone posted that UK cruisers were always stating they new nothing about this paperwork until boarding. I am not suprised will be interesting to recieve the bill. I am sure it will add a considerable amount to the cruise. Oh well there goes the fuel surcharge we saved.

Scotfi

Hi

Have just had a conversation with my lawyer regarding the letter my duaghter drafted. This was following advice from fellow cruise critic members. We followed the template set out on a website link.

He is now asking that my grandsons father now signs which requires the letter to be changed and to include his name. He no longer lives with my daughter and they have never been married. He never applied for parental rights and therefore has no legal rights in Scottish law. Although he provides for his son and has weekly contact. This is to keep in line with American law. It just seems to be growing hands and feet. I suppose this is the problem when travelling and each country has its own rules and laws.

Someone posted that UK cruisers were always stating they new nothing about this paperwork until boarding. I am not suprised will be interesting to recieve the bill. I am sure it will add a considerable amount to the cruise. Oh well there goes the fuel surcharge we saved.

Scotfi

I don't know what the laws are in Scotland but in Canada where I live, you don't necessarily need a lawyer. Granted they are often notaries but so are municipal city clerks as well as some other government officers and some bank officials. Sometimes they will notarize it at no cost but in my experience, they must know you and the parent.

2P.P1

Archived