Fortune House Hotel? Any Comments

canary1974

I had a hotel booked already downtown miami close to the port however this hotel has 2 bedroom suites for a really great price if you book through hotels.com. Has anyone ever stayed here.. Any advice.... It looks ok on the website however it would be nice if someone was speaking from experience instead of going by the pictures on the internet...

We stayed there a couple of years ago. There were 6 of us in our party. We thought it was nice. It's in a "out of the way" area but still downtown in the financial district. It had two bedrooms, with full sized beds, and a couch that made a bed as well. We didn't use the pool but my sister in law used the workout room.

We found it clean and a value. The units are individually owned, I believe. It was more like an apartment building. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Hope this helps!

Missy and Shan

Hello Missy,

If you don't mind me asking a couple of questions. Did you have a room with city view or bay view. I wonder if my children will be able to see the cruise ships from the balcony.. Also I had planned on us taking the metromover some free transit over to bayside market place, Did you do any of that and I wonder how far do we have to walk to get on the transit,

Thanks a bunch

Carey

I stayed there in November of 2006. We stayed overnight b4 our cruise. There were 8 of us in our party and we thought the front desk service was not all that great but all in all, the hotel was clean and comfortable. The suites are a nice size. The room we had didn't have that great a view and if I remember correctly, the hotel is too far from port to see any ships, but it was a few blocks walk to a supermarket and a short cab ride to Bayside. I don't remember them serving breakfast though. That must be new (saw they offered breakfast on a website when I checked the hotel for rates). I'd stay there again if I wasn't trying to stay very near Bayside.

Yes, the port is too far away to see any ships from the hotel. We did have a view of the water though and there was a small balcony with some chairs on it.

We didn't use the metro mover from the Fourtune House but we did use it last January from the Hilton to the Bayside area. We got off by the Intercontennial and walked to Bayside. The "people" mover is free. We used it only during the daytime hours. There were some riders on there that were "shady" looking. They may have been homeless and just using the transportation for the air-conditioning. No one EVER bothered us and I felt totally safe, during the day. I don't think I would ride it after dark.

I hope this helps,

Missy and Shan

Missy and Shan,

Thanks so much for your valuable information. After reading some of everyone's comments I am thinking of trying for a different hotel.. Since this will be my kid's first cruise I was just thinking it would be nice to have a balcony room where my girls can look at the cruise ships in port..

Happy Cruising.

Carey

Archived