Glory Tours

Twirl

Jan and Mrs P,

So glad you both had great toursI am booked for Nov 2009.I am so excited about it.Sarah has been great communicating with me for the past year.I too will be going on a Sunday and am so glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves.

Nancy:D

I feel that after reading some of the posts on here I had to write about our experience with Glory Tours on our first cruise and first trip to Barbados in Feb this year.

As it was our first cruise and visit to the caribbean and we were travelling with 3 children I wanted to book everything in advance as the last thing I wanted was for us to arrive at a port and not have anything planned for us to do.

I e-mailed Sarah and told her we wanted to do swimming with turtles and take the kids to see the monkeys at the wildlife reserve - she came back with a great quote for us to have a private tour for an allocated time to include both those options.

We arrived in Barbados a couple of hours before our tour was due to start - it was a Sunday so nothing was open but we walked into Bridgetown and took some photos and then made our way back to the cruise terminal and the hoards of tour operators. I asked if anyone from Glory tours was there and we were 45 minutes early so I wasn't expecting miracles but kindly one of Sarah's off duty drivers offered to phone her for us and our guide arrived earlier than originally scheduled.

We headed to Holetown via a guided tour of the Sandy Lane area and got on a boat with another family who were already on the as they had been snorkelling already and headed out to sea. Because there weren't many turtles about we were taken to another area where the guide handed out a loaf of bread to share between the kids to feed the fish - this was the highlight of my girls holiday they thought it was fantastic. The whole time we were encouraged to help ourselves to rum punch and fruit drinks for the kids.

We were met back on shore by our guide and taken next to the wildlife reserve where he waited for us while we took the kids round to see the animals, we had a complimentary drink and then got back in the van.

As we still had some time left before we had to head back to the ship he offered to take us over to Bathsheba, we stopped and brought some jewellery at a lookout point and he also stopped and brought sugar cane and showed the kids how to suck the sugar out and then spit the pulp out of the window - which they thought was great fun. He even stopped at a local shop and picked up a free guidebook to the island for us.

We had a great time - it was better than we ever expected and nothing was too much trouble - I e-mailed Sarah on our return to thank her and our guide for such a great trip.

It's a shame that people have experienced negativity but our experience was a great one and I wouldn't hesitate booking with Sarah again or recommending her to any friends.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who post their experiences good or bad. The posts have been a treasure trove of useful information for my past cruises.... Glory tours does have a good tour and is enjoyable if everything runs perfectly. However, this past April we took booked the Best of Barbados tour with Sarah and were only able to complete two of the four items described in the tour and were promised a 50% credit. We gave the tour guide a generous tip (he did try his best) and went back to the ship thinking a credit would be forthcoming.

A couple of years ago we booked this tour and enjoyed it, which is why we booked it again. However after returning home I e-mailed Sarah with a reminder of what happened and about the expected 50% credit. The tour was during the first week of April and today is July 8 and still NO CREDIT.

I would e-mail Sarah about the credit and she would promise me she would look into it, a couple of weeks would go by and I would repeat the process. I would get a response that she would look into it. This has gone on for three months now and I feel pretty stupid for believing her. I feel it was reasonable to ask for 50% credit since we only did 2 of the 4 things mentioned in the tour and she agreed . If she had no intention of issuing the credit a little honesty would have been nice and I could have contested the charges with my credit card company.

Bottom line : A good tour if everything goes well but DON'T EXPECT A CREDIT IF THINGS GO WRONG !!!

Coconutball4u,

Sarah did recently contact me and gave me the credit due, so Thank You

Sarah. The problem with the tour was a weather issue. We had a heavy downpour which for some reason shut down the trams at Harrison's caves. We waited for over an hour for them to be fixed but it never happened. This caused us to miss the Wildlife preserve which my wife really wanted to see again. We did manage to do the East Coast Lunch and snorkel with the turtles.

I understand that weather is always going to play a role and I don't blame Sarah for that. As I mentioned, the tour guide did the best he could under the circumstances. We were told we would get a 50% credit and thought that was a generous offer and accepted it. Sarah did finally come through for us and told me she is setting up a new system which will allow for easier transactions where credits are due.

I think Glory Tours is a great value or we would not have been willing to book it a second time. I hope Sarah finds an easier way to keep track of and issue credit when necessary.

• 1 month later...

An update to previous posts and concerns:

I was looking into booking a half-day tour with Glory Tours for our arrival in Barbados on Celebrity Equinox in December. I have emailed Sarah several times in the past few days and had a response each time within 5 to 10 minutes. She's been very responsive and extremely helpful in answering my questions.

When I went to book the excursion online, it gives the option to choose your ship from a drop-down menu. It did not list the Equinox. I contacted Sarah again via email and within 15 minutes, not only did I receive a reponse, she had also added the Equinox to the list.

Also, they do not expect payment in full at the time of booking. They only require a $25/pp deposit. They are also currently offering discounts when booking thru their website online.

Based on my positive communications with Glory Tours so, I will definitely plan to book the excursion with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I had no idea this site existed.Last month my family and I went on a cruise and stopped in Barbados for the day. Whilst there, we took a tour with Sarah from Glory Tours.Sarah had been recommended to us by friends who holiday in Barbados every year. *Sarah was very quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. We had quite a lot of questions. Trying to please hubby, the kids and get something in there for me is not always easy. Sarah managed to do it all.Sarah picked us up at around 9am in the morning she was waiting for us just outside the port with her Glory Tours sign.I desperately wanted to see some beautiful turquoise sea and a beautiful beach so Sarah suggested Miami Beach and Foul Bay.* I wish I was there now I never imagined the sea could have so many different colours and Foul Bay as a beach was very beautiful and we happened to be there whilst a small wedding was taking place, it was simply idyllic.After that we drove through the island to Flower Forest. We had wanted to visit the Caves but they were closed Sarah had told me when I emailed her and she recommended Flower Forest. *The Forest was fantastic and our whole family thoroughly enjoyed it which is quite something as I had been sceptical about the boys enjoying any type of garden but this was no ordinary garden it was a FOREST lol.After Flower forest we had quick bite to eat which was great by the way. Try the grilled fish and macaroni and cheese that Sarah recommends it is AWESOME!!!!!*Once our tummies were full we made a stop at the Wildlife Reserve. The boys had lots of fun at the reserve our youngest was fascinated by the many tortoises while the rest of us were most entertained by the monkeys.As we had enough time Sarah added in one extra stop for us a place somewhere to the North of the Island. It was really amazing after seeing the somewhat calm South Coast to then see such large waves pounding into the cliffs. I think this was my husband’s favourite stop.All in all we had a great day Sarah told us so many stories about the Island and its History. Everything was truly perfect. Yesterday I received a email from her thanking us for choosing Glory Tours and this link where we may post our reviews, which i am delighted to do.If I could give you 10 starts you would have them Sarah Great Job !!!!!!!

That tour sounds soooo great!I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.I can't wait until November to go on mine.I have been emailing Sarah for a long time now with questions and ideas for my perfect tour.So much to do and see in Barbados.She has been nothing but helpful and I can't wait to finally meet her and her beautiful island.

Wow I had no idea this site existed.Last month my family and I went on a cruise and stopped in Barbados for the day. Whilst there, we took a tour with Sarah from Glory Tours.Sarah had been recommended to us by friends who holiday in Barbados every year. *Sarah was very quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. We had quite a lot of questions. Trying to please hubby, the kids and get something in there for me is not always easy. Sarah managed to do it all.Sarah picked us up at around 9am in the morning she was waiting for us just outside the port with her Glory Tours sign.I desperately wanted to see some beautiful turquoise sea and a beautiful beach so Sarah suggested Miami Beach and Foul Bay.* I wish I was there now I never imagined the sea could have so many different colours and Foul Bay as a beach was very beautiful and we happened to be there whilst a small wedding was taking place, it was simply idyllic.After that we drove through the island to Flower Forest. We had wanted to visit the Caves but they were closed Sarah had told me when I emailed her and she recommended Flower Forest. *The Forest was fantastic and our whole family thoroughly enjoyed it which is quite something as I had been sceptical about the boys enjoying any type of garden but this was no ordinary garden it was a FOREST lol.After Flower forest we had quick bite to eat which was great by the way. Try the grilled fish and macaroni and cheese that Sarah recommends it is AWESOME!!!!!*Once our tummies were full we made a stop at the Wildlife Reserve. The boys had lots of fun at the reserve our youngest was fascinated by the many tortoises while the rest of us were most entertained by the monkeys.As we had enough time Sarah added in one extra stop for us a place somewhere to the North of the Island. It was really amazing after seeing the somewhat calm South Coast to then see such large waves pounding into the cliffs. I think this was my husband’s favourite stop.All in all we had a great day Sarah told us so many stories about the Island and its History. Everything was truly perfect. Yesterday I received a email from her thanking us for choosing Glory Tours and this link where we may post our reviews, which i am delighted to do.If I could give you 10 starts you would have them Sarah Great Job !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My only complaint about our day in Barbados was that it ended too soon.

Sarah from Glory Tours was a lovely host and we had such a wonderful time we did not want to leave.

I still laugh when I picture Sarah telling the stories about the cannibals.

We "My husband and myself" spent our day in Barbados sightseeing around the island and having lunch followed by an hour at the beach. Everything was simply perfect and we would not miss the opportunity to tour with Sarah again.

Two thumbs up Glory Tours :D

Hi Brandi,

So glad you had a wonderful time.What beach did you go to?What did you have for lunch?Just call me curious or nosy...lol.

I am sooo looking forward to my own tour with Sarah.I go November 29th.

I will post a full review when I get bvack.

Have a great day everyone.

My only complaint about our day in Barbados was that it ended too soon.

Sarah from Glory Tours was a lovely host and we had such a wonderful time we did not want to leave.

I still laugh when I picture Sarah telling the stories about the cannibals.

We "My husband and myself" spent our day in Barbados sightseeing around the island and having lunch followed by an hour at the beach. Everything was simply perfect and we would not miss the opportunity to tour with Sarah again.

Two thumbs up Glory Tours :D

Hi Floridalady

We had grilled fish and Macaroni Cheese Pie . Sarah recommended it and it was fantastic.

The beach was on the West Coast it was perfect, quiet, calm water, and no vendors to pester you. I can not remember the name.

I will have to email Sarah and ask her. She told us so many things that day. It is hard to remember all of them.

Thanks so much for answering.Yes,try to find out the name.I would love to know.Thanks so much.:D

Hi Floridalady

We had grilled fish and Macaroni Cheese Pie . Sarah recommended it and it was fantastic.

The beach was on the West Coast it was perfect, quiet, calm water, and no vendors to pester you. I can not remember the name.

I will have to email Sarah and ask her. She told us so many things that day. It is hard to remember all of them.

Archived