Celebrity Service: How does it stack up

Cruise Arizona

I was working on a bit of research project today and one of things I've been looking at is how different cruise lines market themselves. Particularly today I was examining the cruise line's websites and what they say about their service level.

What really surprised me was that I couldn't find anything on the Carnival or the NCL website regarding their service levels, crew to passenger ratio, or anything.

On the other hand Celebrity and Hal proudly tout their high service levels as a whole section on their websites.

RCCL has a bit of blurb about service, but not a prominently featured section.

Crystal and Regent also promote their high quality of service.

I haven't cruise any time in the recent past any lines other than Celebrity and a little futher back HAL. I have been very very pleased with the service on both of these lines, but is there really a discernible difference between these lines and their sister lines?

We sailed Celebrity 3 times - last time about 6 years ago. We just cruise Royal Caribbean about 2 months ago. That being said, we definately noticed a difference in service - Celebrity was better. Nothing major - just alot of small things. For instance, on Celebrity the asst. waiter had my iced tea ready for me at every dinner and I never had to ask for a refill. On Royal, I hardly got my first iced tea before my meal came - but the refills were very quick. This isn't a big thing, but like I mentioned, there were alot of small things that made Celebrity stand out. We had a great time on every cruise!!

Archived