Mariner of the Seas - Ship Time Vs. Port Time

My husband and I are looking at a shore excursion not booked through the ship the week of Thanksgiving. Our itinerary in St. Thomas indicates we arrive at 8:00 am, but we're getting conflicting messages from the locals that the ship actually comes in at 9:00. They aren't on the same eastern time as the US. Also, any idea what time the ship would be cleared for us to disembark? I remember going through the customs formality in St. Thomas where everyone has to take their passport and recieve a pass, but I can't remember when they usually clear the ship so that we can disembark.

Thanks for your help!

You do not have to worry about clearing customs in St Thomas, the ship is tied directly to the docks there and when the doors open it is an easy exit. I feel like you may be looking at the time difference of one hour as St Thomas does not observe daylight saving time. You will always operate on ships time which will not change regardless of the port time, so your total time ashore will not be diminshed. A reliable tour operator should know about this and let you know. Good luck and St Thomas is very beautiful and great shopping! However if you buy alcohol wait until St Maartin as it is even cheaper there. Have a great cruise!!! Katgrl

Archived