NYC Cruise Terminal Question

peppymom98

Is it necessary to take an elevator in the terminal or are there stairs available? Dh's brother can't take elevators and he doesn't like large open areas. He's thinking of taking the crusie with us but is worrying about these things. How large is the waiting area?I'll also have to figure a good deck for them since he'll be taking the stairs the whole trip.Another ? is can you check even smaller bags so he won't be lugging too much stuff up the stairs- my SIL is not a light packer at all. Thanks for any info.

I do believe you can drive up to the door and unload your car and walk right in. Parking is above the terminal, but only one person would have to park the car. There are stairs back down on the outside. As far as the terminal goes it is a drab, cold, impersonal waiting area. Nothing special, but if you show up later, you probably won't have to be there very long. As far as baggage, I would imagine you can check what you want, but you might not get it till late in the afternoon. Most people advise to at least have a change of clothes with you.

The main terminal was just redone and isn't as drab any more. If you drive up to the second level there is neither an elevator or a moving stairs(I am sure their is a staircase somewhere) but the new flow has you walk down to the lower level to get your luggage at the end of the trip(it used to be on the second level its now on the first)....there is a moving staircase down but if you have to get you car and meet at the second level with your luggage you have to use the elevator(although there is a staircase its back in the secure area)....

Archived