Jeep and Beach Saffari...Don't Go!!

scollins

:mad: This was offered thru Carnival but also on other ships. DON'T GO!! Ruiened our entire day at St. Thomas. Went to some awfull bay across from the college. Beautifull beaches on the island and they took us to this dump!! The tour guide rented jeeps from Avis (or I should say we did) and drove around the island. Not much information and not much fun...still trying to figure out the "safarri" part. We waited over a year to see St. Thomas and got nothin!!! It was so bad we did'nt go on our excursion in St. Marteen...did'nt want to miss another island!

That's unfortunate because that is an expensive tour (imo). I did a jeep tour many, many years ago, and it was lots of fun. More recently we did the open air bus tour that you can get at the end of the dock. It was a rainy day so that worked well for us, although we were disappointed that we weren't able to go to Saphire Beach. I hear it's beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Archived