All things Splendor!

enjoyinglife

She sounds (and looks!) fabulous! I can't wait to read some reviews of L.A. departures!!

We're thinking of cruising her in October/November -- it can be a little chilly by then here in L.A. - anybody know what Mexico is like??

I'm thinking we might have to book one of those "spa interior" cabins! :D

And who is Sir Winston and where are the pics of the L.A. arrival??

I was on Splendor for Thanksgiving. This was my 11th Carnival Cruise. Had a blast but then again I have never had a bad cruise even the one where I contracted the flu after the first day. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

I was on Splendor for Thanksgiving. This was my 11th Carnival Cruise. Had a blast but then again I have never had a bad cruise even the one where I contracted the flu after the first day. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Tell us about the spa. I dont always have a spa treatment, but I like to go excercise then to the steam room. Will there be a charge? (I dont dod the excercise classes).

How was the thalloss..... thing?

Thanks~!

There is a charge to use the spa facilities on the Splendor unless you are booked in one of the 68 spa cabins. There is four suana areas and the pool is some type of heated mineral water. A search of the Splendor spa on this website will give you all the information you will want. All the amenities have been posted several times in other post. Hope this helps.

There is a charge to use the spa facilities on the Splendor unless you are booked in one of the 68 spa cabins. There is four suana areas and the pool is some type of heated mineral water. A search of the Splendor spa on this website will give you all the information you will want. All the amenities have been posted several times in other post. Hope this helps.

Well, it sort of does, sort of doesn't. Specifically, what I wanted to know is will there be a charge to use the steam room? Is it considered part of the "spa" or part of the excercise area? I read in several places about the heated mineral water and that since i am in a regular balcony, I could pay XXXXX amount of dollars to use that or the other spa services which at this point, I would probably not chose to do.

I guess I am wanting to know if I will have to pay to use the steam room after we excercise.

Have any hotels in mind close by? Let us know after you return.

We are staying at the Maya Hotel ( was the coast hotel). We have stayed there before closest hotel to the terminal and can see the ships come in from balcony. You can leave your car at hotel and they will shuttle you to the terminal. If you are impatient there is a path to walk to the terminal.;);)

We are staying at the Maya Hotel ( was the coast hotel). We have stayed there before closest hotel to the terminal and can see the ships come in from balcony. You can leave your car at hotel and they will shuttle you to the terminal. If you are impatient there is a path to walk to the terminal.;);)

Well, this would be a good plan for us, we are usually impatient on that day, but in a good way!:D:D

PS...just love your pic of the dog!

I did NOT have to pay to use the steam room after working out.

Wow! More great news!

Thanks, I like to work out then go in the steam room, but if I have to pay for it, well, then it is not worth that much. I may try the 35.00 for the pool for one time, but would really like to hear from those who have tried it already. Was it special? Worth the extra cost?

Can anyone give me pros and cons of staying in a room on the Lido Deck? This is my first cruise, so I took the advice of the Carnival employee.

Maybe quick and convienent access to the buffet for breakfast and lunch, and how 'bout if you are someone who likes to hang out at the pools, etc.?

Can anyone give me pros and cons of staying in a room on the Lido Deck? This is my first cruise, so I took the advice of the Carnival employee.

As long as you're not near the elevators or atrium overlook, you'll be fine! We were in 9276 on the Valor (similar Lido deck plan to Splendor); between the near continuous elevator usage and the music we could hear from the atrium area at night, it was noisy. But we loved that we were just steps away from a great breakfast station and the movie screen -- we ate breakfast out there while watching CNN news every morning!!!

We're on the Splendor in December; on a lower deck this cruise, but only because we got an extended balcony for an obscenely low Early Savers price! :D

The Holiday Inn Downtown Long Beach has a stay and sail package, $149 for the night, you can keep your car in their parking garage, and they provide shuttle service to and from the pier.

The Best Western Long Beach has the same thing for $149 if you are taking a 4 day cruise and $179 if you are taking a 7 day cruise. The Best Western is closer to the pier too.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for my last cruise, and will be doing so again in June before I sail on the Splendor.

Splendor cruise, June 14-21!!! Can't wait and I look forward to reading everyone elses reviews.

The Holiday Inn Downtown Long Beach has a stay and sail package, $149 for the night, you can keep your car in their parking garage, and they provide shuttle service to and from the pier.

The Best Western Long Beach has the same thing for $149 if you are taking a 4 day cruise and $179 if you are taking a 7 day cruise. The Best Western is closer to the pier too.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for my last cruise, and will be doing so again in June before I sail on the Splendor.

Splendor cruise, June 14-21!!! Can't wait and I look forward to reading everyone elses reviews.

Does any of these hotels have a shuttle from the airport? We usually dont wait for the shuttle to the ship, but chose to pay for a taxi so we can get there sooner! Since we are flying in, we wont have a car to park.

79 days! I wish I had only 79 days. Please dont forget to come back and tell us how it was! Have fun!

I can't wait. This will actually be our first ever cruise. 79 days isn't close enough. Apart from being our first ever cruise on a new boat, but it'll be our honeymoon too :)

Cant lurk any more on CC too much to get done. Will see you all when we return.:cool:

You are sooooooooooooooo lucky!! how will you sleep for exitement lol......I am on 12th April cruise.....Not wishing your cruise to be over but ROLL on 12th. I hope you have a fantastic time.

Hey, thanks, we will be waiting. Enjoy yourself! I love balcony cabins, but wasn't sure about the balcony spa cabins on the Splendor...like is there a steam room? Does it have an extra charge if you are in a regular cabin?

There are separate steam & sauna rooms attached to the gym that passengers dont have to pay for, they are both small compared to the spa however the sauna has a great sea view.

We had a cabin on Lido deck last year for the Baltic cruise and had a great inside cabin, very quiet & great access to all the pools, buffets & the gym.

Archived