New to Cruising/Celebrity - AFT or midship Veranda??

tropical-lovers

We have completed one cruise on RCCL (Navigator) and have a second one booked on RCCL (Voyager) for 9/2009. I am in the process of booking a third on the Century - should I book a midship (8131) vernada or an aft (9255)! Our first cruise was an end of the hump balcony cabin - our second will be a middle of the hump balcony!

We would like to try an aft cabin - any thoughts?

Think of it this way - If your on the side of the ship you have a choice - Look left or right to see where you are going or where you have been. If your on the stern - You only see where you have been and not where your going. But often the cabins at the stern are a bit larger and the varandas are also larger.

I know - we have thought of that and that is probably the reason we have booked two hump cabins!! They are really nice and the views are awesome - I do like getting up early to watch the ship pulling in to the ports. I have seen some pictures on cruise critic of the aft cabins and the view looks cool as well - that is why we thought we would try one on a five day cruise, if we aren't crazy about it, it's not that long!!

I have an aft cabin booked for my trip in September (Equinox), but it's a connecting cabin.

Any opinions on an aft connecting cabin vs a hump balcony non-connecting cabin? I've heard aft cabins are great, but I'm also worried about noise. It's a 14 night cruise and if I have noisy neighbor, I'm not going to be a happy camper... uh, I mean cruiser ;)

We were talked into trying an aft on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas and LOVED it. Our sister and brother-in-law were next door and we all counted it as our best cruise. We just returned from a Celebrity Century cruise with an aft cabin and although we wouldn't pick the Sports Deck aft again because we above a tarp covering the bar below we did like the lower aft cabins. Try them...you may never go back!

I am thinking I might - I have until March 31st to make my decision. My husband does not know about this cruise - I am going to surprise him after I book it - my choices are the aft family oceanview or the deluxe ocean view (8131) - I believe the family oceanview is one below the sports deck - I will have to recheck that - I believe it is 9255 on the Century. what about the noise of the engines??

Archived