Viking Neptune Roll Call May 16, 09 Bucharest to Nuremberg

Steven&Tina

Bruce,

So glad to hear that we will be traveling with fellow Texans. I grew up in Dallas as well and my wife Dawn is from Houston.

I wonder if they will be teaming us up with yourself and your group due to our geographic's. This will be our second Viking River Cruise. We did the China River Cruise last year and had a blast! We learned a lot as well.

Have you done a River Cruise with Viking in the past?

Dawn,

This is our first Viking River Cruise. Have done a river cruise on the Nile, and also in Germany before many years ago. I have been on about 30 ocean cruises. We are a group of 5 guys so all of us have been on various levels of cruises. Me having more cruises by far than the others in our group. We are all only 39-57 years old so I suggest we will be the youngsters onboard. LOL.

See you onboard, I am sure 5 Texans will be hard to miss!

Bruce4fun

My hubby and I will be on the Neptune for the same itinerary on Oct. 31st. I'm dying to hear all about it so please, PLEASE, will one of you write a review when you return? We have done a Yangtze cruise, Nile cruise and numerous ocean cruises, but never a European river cruise and I have a feeling it will be completely different (which isn't a bad thing.....). One question - when we are travelling, we like to try local wines and wondered what the corkage fee would be if we brought our wine into the dining room on board. We aren't booking our air or transfers through Viking - and wondered how difficult it is to get a taxi from Bucharest Airport to the hotel and from Nuremberg dock to the airport and approximately what the cost would be. The whole itinerary sounds awesome - hope you all have a fabulous time! Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven, Dawn, Bruce et al !

Diana and I will be with you on the 16th, along with our friends Bruce and Ruth. We live in Denver suburbs.

Viking called and offered some shipboard credit since we had to travel with Texans.

JOKE!... I'm from Beaumont and Diana's from Amarillo, so we should enjoy all y'all thoroughly.

We also did a Viking China trip last year, and loved it. The upcoming Danube trip looks like it offers more free time in the ports, unlike the highly structured China cruise.

I also hear the Neptune now has free wireless internet, so I had to get a netbook, and am now loading Skype and plan to offload my photos to it as backup.

We're getting hyped now!

See ya soon...

Scott

Dawn

We went late May, the Shanghai->Bejing Imperial Jewels trip, and didn't understand much specific news about it during the trip. We did visit a fundraising setup in Chongqing and bought a book with lotsa' photos, but in Chinese.

I hope you leave your disaster magnet at home this time, including pandemics.

Scott

Scott,

We were on the same tour but we did early May. Viking is the best way to go for this type of travel. We try to do one of these every year now.

So, what's it worth to you to leave these items behind? Were easy, just a few drink packages would take care of it. LOL

Have a safe flight and we will see you next week.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott, Bruce, Steven and Dawn!

OK, you guys, you've been on the ship for four days now and no word from any of you..... We know that they have free internet access, so hopefully one of you can just give us a little hint of what we can expect when we are on this same cruise later in the year. Can't wait!!! Mel

• 2 weeks later...

Mel, and everyone,

Super short review. Great cruise!

Internet was not free 5 Euro per hour to rent thier laptop. Connection did not work much of the time. I could not even access my email. However, I was on vacation so it was fine. Ship crew on Viking were outstanding! Marek, Simona, Joe, Lazslo, Richard made it fantastic.

Food was good but not outstanding IMHO, tours were excellent. The Bulgaria part is quite tiring as tours are very long, more free time in Hungary, Vienna, Germany.

Loved it and we booked today for China next year,

Bruce4fun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived