Naples... best place to get a nice photo of the bay... any ideas???

My title says it all... my fiancee and I intend to go to pompei on our day in Naples on our own... on our way back is there anywhere you can recomend we can go to get a nice landscape panoramic shot of the bay with the city?

Just a thought as we are both photographers and I'd just love to shoot a naples panorama if possible!

Although we are definitely NOT photograghers :o, our best shots were on the hydrofoil from Sorrento to Naples. It is a very wide bay, so your best bet is from on the water versus a point of land. If you are blessed with a clear day, Mt. Vesuvius is a spectacular backdrop for Naples. This may be true from the ship, but it was early morning when we docked (we were lying in after a long day in Rome), and we were not on deck when we left (I think it was happy-hour about then?!)

Sorrento is quite easy to get to after visiting Pompeii. Just get on a train at the same Pompeii Scavi stop, heading southwest and go to the end of the line. We had a great late lunch in Sorrento, ambled and shopped through town to the docks where we purchased our hydrofoil tickets. The hydrofoil deposited us next door to our RCCL ship at the end of the day.

Its a wonderful place to explore, have a great time!

Naples has a lot of what we call smog. We went to Sorrento and the taxi driver stopped at a pull out overlooking the bay. You can just barely see Naples in the background. Not great photo ops, as far as I was concerned. Just too much vog (what they call it) to take really great photos. Good luck and have a great trip!

Archived