recycling clothing among cc members

I have been reading this thread for many, many months. I think it's great that Marie and other ladies offers dresses for postage only. I can't remember myself ever being the small sizes that are normally offered. The one thing that I have noticed is that there are some very greedy women ALWAYS sending Marie an email on every dress she offers and that those are usually the ones that ends up with the dresses. It's Marie's business who she sends them to, but it would be nice if the "always" women would let some of the other woman at least have a chance. You know who you are....all anyone has to do is read the thread.......sorry Marie....just really bothering me that these couple of women are so greedy.....

Edited by arhillbilly

I have been reading this thread for many, many months. I think it's great that Marie and other ladies offers dresses for postage only. I can't remember myself ever being the small sizes that are normally offered. The one thing that I have noticed is that there are some very greedy women ALWAYS sending Marie an email on every dress she offers and that those are usually the ones that ends up with the dresses. It's Marie's business who she sends them to, but it would be nice if the "always" women would let some of the other woman at least have a chance. You know who you are....all anyone has to do is read the thread.......sorry Marie....just really bothering me that these couple of women are so greedy.....

My sentiments exactly. But wouldn't it be a nice gesture to include an additional donation as well as paying for the postage? Or is that not allowed ? It's just a thought.

But as mentioned, Marie you are an extremely generous woman and kudos to you.

I would and agree and add that I hesitated to post because I went page after page, without finding posted in the upper average to plus size range. Hoping our little exchange will draw out more selection from similar sized ladies! So far I've cleared my closet of three good condition dresses that were going to waste, that have hopefully found new homes to be enjoyed in, and have a dress and sweater on their way to me.

Edited by maxandmolly

I would and agree and add that I hesitated to post because I went page after page, without finding posted in the upper average to plus size range. Hoping our little exchange will draw out more selection from similar sized ladies! So far I've cleared my closet of three good condition dresses that were going to waste, that have hopefully found new homes to be enjoyed in, and have a dress and sweater on their way to me.

I'm going to send it to you via fed-ex for Saturday delivery, so no need worrying about writing a check for postage. It's easier for me because I have pick-up at work and I would not have the time to go to UPS. Just let me know when you receive the dress and bolero sweater.

Enjoy!

Edited by shorbr
Hoping too that some plus-sized dresses become available :)

I'm going to send it to you via fed-ex for Saturday delivery, so no need worrying about writing a check for postage. It's easier for me because I have pick-up at work and I would not have the time to go to UPS. Just let me know when you receive the dress and bolero sweater.

Enjoy!

Wow, that's really generous! I'm going to have to scour my closet. I'm out of dresses but I know I have a couple dressy tops I can't wear, and a nice skirt...I want to make sure you have a chance to grab something!

Wow, that's really generous! I'm going to have to scour my closet. I'm out of dresses but I know I have a couple dressy tops I can't wear, and a nice skirt...I want to make sure you have a chance to grab something!

Yes, dressy tops I can use. I have plenty of nice skirts. But keep me in mind :)

I just found this thread recently and really enjoy reading it. I just wish I had seen it before I purged my closet as I donated tons to the women's groups in the area and only have a couple new dresses just purchased for the summer and our upcoming cruise. You ladies have inspired me though, and I'm wondering if there would be any interest in smaller dresses? DD (almost 20) wears size 0 or xs, and many times those are even a little big on her. If interested I can ask if she has any to get rid of. I know she has purged a bit recently too, but it never hurts to go through the items again! Let me know!

I just found this thread recently and really enjoy reading it. I just wish I had seen it before I purged my closet as I donated tons to the women's groups in the area and only have a couple new dresses just purchased for the summer and our upcoming cruise. You ladies have inspired me though, and I'm wondering if there would be any interest in smaller dresses? DD (almost 20) wears size 0 or xs, and many times those are even a little big on her. If interested I can ask if she has any to get rid of. I know she has purged a bit recently too, but it never hurts to go through the items again! Let me know!

I'm interested please! My size varies from a 0 to a 4-6 depending on the item and the brand.

Hi Arhillbilly. You are from Arkansas. It is a small world. I had been to Pine Buff, Little Rock, and Fort Smith many times. My Godmother was a nun at St Scholastica convents in Fort Smith. She and my mother met at the University Paris - Sorbonne. She taught at Webster University in Fort Smith. When I was in high school, I spent three summers at the convent delivering food to the elderly. Matter of fact I just ordered televisions, scanners, and DVDs from the Costco for the Nuns. Every month I receive their Horizons News; they always have a wish list. I always try to fulfill their wishes.

http://www.stscho.org/files/horizons/2012/July/2012_07_Horizons.pdf

Take care and have a great day.

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Ok here goes now after about the 15th time today of trying to post these. I have several pieces to offer today.

The first 2 are of a lite purple sequined gown in a size 10.

next one is an Ivory gown with a dark beige tie. It is a Niki size 8, I took it on my last crusie but never wore it.

The next one is a short red floral dress by jessica Howard size 12. It is new and never worn.

The next 2 pictures are of a dark teal set. It is a jacket and plazzio(sp) pants. I made this and it is a size 10.

The next 2 pics are of a really pretty dark eggplant gown with an Ivory train in the back. It is also one I made, it is a size 10.

This one is a Dark eggplant in a size 6. It is by Jorden.

The next 2 gowns are both handmade by me ( I didn't have a pattern to follow). One is a dark burgandy stretch velvet and the other is a navy blue stretch velvet in a size 10.

Next we have 3 pictures of a rally cute pink floral dress in a size 10 and a pink jacket in a 14 pet. but fits like a size 10. The dress is by Robbie Bee and the Jacket is by Investments and neither of them have been worn.

The black and white jacket is also by Investments and also has never been worn. It is a size 12 petite.

The short black and Ivory knit dress is a size 12.It is new with tags still on it.

Black short knit dress with long sleeves is by Nicole and is a size Medium.

The Light blue long gown is by Morgan and is a size 11/12. it is also new and never worn.

The dark purple Beaded gown with long sleeves is by Scala. It is a medium amd is fully beaded.

The white sleeveless dress is another one I made. it was for a second dress for my DIL when her and my son got married but by the time of the wedding it was too small so it has never been worn. It is a size 8.

The teal beaded gown is a siz 7/8 and is heavily beaded. I have wore it a couple of times. It does have a few of the bugle beads missing on the back. It is a very forgiving gown.

The last few pictures are of the wedding dress my DD had gotten for her wedding in a few weeks but she really wasn't happy with it because it wasn't her dream dress. Thanks to Marie she has her dream dress and is going to be a beautiful bride!

Here is the link to view the pictures. I hope it works. When you get to the site click on view the album and there is 2 pages of pictures. (30 total) Or you can click on view slideshow and the pictures will be bigger and easier to see.

Gerry

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AatWjZu2aMWb6I

Edited by TNGALOHA

Ok here goes now after about the 15th time today of trying to post these. I have several pieces to offer today.

The first 2 are of a lite purple sequined gown in a size 10.

next one is an Ivory gown with a dark beige tie. It is a Niki size 8, I took it on my last crusie but never wore it.

The next one is a short red floral dress by jessica Howard size 12. It is new and never worn.

The next 2 pictures are of a dark teal set. It is a jacket and plazzio(sp) pants. I made this and it is a size 10.

The next 2 pics are of a really pretty dark eggplant gown with an Ivory train in the back. It is also one I made, it is a size 10.

This one is a Dark eggplant in a size 6. It is by Jorden.

The next 2 gowns are both handmade by me ( I didn't have a pattern to follow). One is a dark burgandy stretch velvet and the other is a navy blue stretch velvet in a size 10.

Next we have 3 pictures of a rally cute pink floral dress in a size 10 and a pink jacket in a 14 pet. but fits like a size 10. The dress is by Robbie Bee and the Jacket is by Investments and neither of them have been worn.

The black and white jacket is also by Investments and also has never been worn. It is a size 12 petite.

The short black and Ivory knit dress is a size 12.It is new with tags still on it.

Black short knit dress with long sleeves is by Nicole and is a size Medium.

The Light blue long gown is by Morgan and is a size 11/12. it is also new and never worn.

The dark purple Beaded gown with long sleeves is by Scala. It is a medium amd is fully beaded.

The white sleeveless dress is another one I made. it was for a second dress for my DIL when her and my son got married but by the time of the wedding it was too small so it has never been worn. It is a size 8.

The teal beaded gown is a siz 7/8 and is heavily beaded. I have wore it a couple of times. It does have a few of the bugle beads missing on the back. It is a very forgiving gown.

The last few pictures are of the wedding dress my DD had gotten for her wedding in a few weeks but she really wasn't happy with it because it wasn't her dream dress. Thanks to Marie she has her dream dress and is going to be a beautiful bride!

Here is the link to view the pictures. I hope it works. When you get to the site click on view the album and there is 2 pages of pictures. (30 total) Or you can click on view slideshow and the pictures will be bigger and easier to see.

Gerry

Gerry-

All of your clothes are gorgeous! My mom would love to have the black and white Investments jacket, the black and ivory dress after it, and the light blue long Morgan gown, if they are still available. She has her high school reunion coming up and those would be perfect for it! She also loved the first lilac gown, but doesn't think it would fit her. :(

Thanks!

Grace

Gerry-

All of your clothes are gorgeous! My mom would love to have the black and white Investments jacket, the black and ivory dress after it, and the light blue long Morgan gown, if they are still available. She has her high school reunion coming up and those would be perfect for it! She also loved the first lilac gown, but doesn't think it would fit her. :(

Thanks!

Grace

Grace, send me an mail at tngaloha@yahoo.com and send your address. with it.

Gerry

Good Afternoon,

Sent you a message to see if any dress were still available.

Thanks

Carol

Everyone,

So far these pieces are gone,

Ivory gown with the dark beige tie to Carol,

Black and white jacket, Black and Ivory dress, and the Blue long gown to Grace.

There is still a lot of neat things left.

Have a great day everyone.

Gerry

tngaloha@yahoo.com

Edited by TNGALOHA