Freedom of the Seas-Port Canaveral Wedding Review

We had a nice trip driving to Florida with our jeep packed to the brim. We arrived on Thursday night and our wedding was Sunday. Our hotel in Florida, Radisson at the Port, was beautiful and we enjoyed sitting by the pool and spending time with our guests as they arrived. Everyone loved their OOT bags. Our welcome dinner was at Fishlips restaurant on the water on Saturday (Thanks to Mary for the recommendation!) The hotel shuttle drove us there and picked us up when it was finished. Although the shuttle launch was delayed, we had a great time. Lots of speeches and tears (even the bartender started to cry ha ha). FI slept in a separate room that night and the hair/makeup artist, Patricia LeJune, arrived at 6am. She did an excellent job on everyone- I highly recommend her if you are in the Orlando/Port Canaveral area. Everyone took a shuttle and I rode in a separate car to the Port at 10:15 am and met the wedding coordinators right away, who did a great job keeping my fi and I separated as we checked in. I was quickly taken to my room on the ship with my bridemaid. We sat and watched a makeover show until it was time to slip our dresses on. The wedding coordinators took everything we carried on and were very helpful about setting things up. I had- an aisle runner, sand ceremony, guest book picture, personalized napkins, programs, a memory vase that we put the bouquet from the wedding package in since I brought my own flowers, a cake topper and flowers to decorate the cake and they helped make sure everyone got their flowers. FI and the groomsmen ordered tuxes through the ship and they were hanging in the closet when we arrived. The wedding coordinator took them down to his mom's room where the guys were getting ready. After about an hour my mom came down along with the wedding coordinator and photographer when it was almost time to begin. He took some pics and we headed upstairs to the chapel. The coordinators had everything set up perfect and the ceremony was performed by FI's uncle. The reception was on the other side of the ship at Pharaoh's Palace. It was fun walking across the Royal Promenade and everyone was cheering for us. The reception was great- there was a dance floor and a sound system we were able to put our cds in. The coordinators did a great job announcing what was going to happen next and playing the appropriate songs. We got the appetizer and cocktail reception for 2 hours and there was definitely plenty of food. Before we knew it it was about 3:30 and we were hugging our guests goodbye. Once everyone left, we went to take pictures all around the boat. We had an awesome photographer that went way beyond the 3 hours we paid for. We met with the photographer on the 3rd day and we ended up buying the Diamond package that included the CD. It was pricey but, we were very happy with our pictures. After that we enjoyed an amazing cruise. I didn't want it to end!

Here's some pics- http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=ks2c21t.cr534hjh&x=0&y=2eiil2&localeid=en_US

Please feel free to email me if you have any specific questions: sunshin2e at yahoo.com

Best of luck to all the future cruise brides!

love, love, love ur pics!!! thanks so much for sharing!

so how did u like the freedom of the seas?? we're debating between that one and the oasis for august 2011, altho im sure freedom will be cheaper.

so what ports did the ship go to? any weather issues?

Congrats!!! You guys look so happy in your pics and you have some really funny ones that was a great idea! I also love your here comes the bride sign that the kids were holding too cute!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks girls! I absolutely loved the Freedom. It was huge but easy to navigate and there was so much to do.. I only did half of what was offered. We were thinking of going on the Oasis in 2011 as well but, then we decided we would be just as happy going on the Freedom. We went to CocoCay, St. Thomas, & St. Martin. I've never swam in such beautiful water. The weather was perfect the entire cruise. I now understand how people can become addicted to cruising. For one week you can shut your brain off and just relax. =)

Congratulations. Everything looks beautiful!! Im getting married in Port Canaveral as well and was starting to worry about finding a good salon that would come on a Sunday! Thanks so much for sharing the website! Also, did all your guest stay at the Radisson or did they stay at other hotels as well? Im still trying to decide on what hotel to stay in.

Thanks Krissy- All of our guests stayed at the Radisson. It has a great pool and a restaurant and a bar. It was fun hanging by the pool as our family and friends arrived. If you decide to go with the Radisson our POC was the manager Dan Anderson. He can get you a group rate.

• 5 months later...

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really funny because my fiance and I saw your post before posting my question and really made us want to go with royal carribean. Your pics were beautiful. Congratulations and I hope to have the same experience as you did.

Archived