Progreso Resort Beach Break- Topless???

Nav-Tex

I have been asked by a young lady at work that wants to know if she can be topless at the Progreso Resort Beach Break. She and her friends are heading out during spring break. I have never been to this resort beach and could not answer her question.

Does anyone know?

Topless is generaly not excepted in the Yucatan and many parts of Mexico. As stated the people are actually modest in their actions with very high religious standards. Last year I saw 2 police ask a couple of very attactive ladys to cover themselves on the beach in Progreso.

Generally, Mexican society is much more conservative, religious, formal, and respectful compared to the United States. Rarely will you see Mexicans wearing shorts, and they tolerate Americans for doing so only because of the money that they bring. Baring even more would be unacceptable by most Mexicans.

• 4 weeks later...

There are Clothing Optional Resorts on the Yucatan near Cancun. I would recommend she look into one of those places if she wishes to go topless. It would be a real bummer to spend spring break in some stinky jail in Mexico no matter where it was. Clothing Optional places are for fellow nudists to enjoy without offending others that wish not be "be free". That is why in public places where one might encounter nudity, there are signs proclaiming so.

I have heard that a few europeans go topless at Playa Del Carmen but I haven't seen it in 3 stops there. Playa Palancar on Cozumel had a couple of topless gals when we were there a couple of years ago, but it is not the norm.

If going topless is a priority I suggest the eastern caribbean with stops in St Maartin. The french side is probably a good bet. I've also seen it on Antigua.

I think the eastern caribbean islands are prettier by far than the western. St Johns is absolutely gorgeous.

• 3 months later...

Here is an update to an old thread. I bumped into the young lady today at work. I had to ask if she and her friends had a good cruise. They had a great cruise, but was not brave enough to go topless. They saw that no one else was topless.

Archived