Aft 767

Has anyone had any recent experiences? We are deciding between midship and 767. We have read several reviews regarding complaints about noise, etc. in afts (specifically 767) but would appreciate any updates and feedback. Looking forward to hearing your personal thoughts on this matter. Thanks!

While not a seasoned cruiser the cruises I have gone on I have always picked a cabin a close to midships as possible on the assumption that it is going to be more comfortable, both noise and stability.

We have 17 sleeps till we leave on our next cruise and have the cabin next to the cabin we had on our cruise last year which was midships and very comfortable.

I'm a mid-ship person, but I've heard good things about these cabins. My only worry would be soot and smoke from the stack, but that would only be particular problem when underway, which is usually while you're sleeping.

If I was offered this cabin, I'd go for it.

You should book the cabin! If you like aft cabins, why change up now?

I'm also going to suggest you read some Member Reviews of the PG under Regent to get a better idea of previous cruisers thoughts about the trip and their cabins. I've never read anything critical of the cabins or the noise. Some people hear every creak, some people hear nothing. Hope this helps!

Has anyone had any recent experiences? We are deciding between midship and 767. We have read several reviews regarding complaints about noise, etc. in afts (specifically 767) but would appreciate any updates and feedback. Looking forward to hearing your personal thoughts on this matter. Thanks!

We had this Cabin on the January 30th, 2010 Society Islands and Tuamotus Cruise. I thought I had commented on it earlier on another Thread, but here are our impressions again since you seem undecided.

We ARE Aft Cabin aficionados and book them exclusively when available - so that is my bias. This one did not disappoint. Book it if you can !

We love the location and privacy and lack of Hall noise from inconsiderate passengers going past your cabin to get to theirs. The size of this Ship makes all destinations easily accessible from this Cabin. We do not take elevators on any Ship and they were easy to avoid on the PG. The view of the wake and partially to both sides was great. One Sunset off the stern will convert you !

While we have had some soot on a Celebrity and a Carnival ship, there was absolutely none on the PG. Any stack noise was not noticable. There was no noise from the Deck above or below which was a concern because a rowdy drinking crowd up late can disturb our rest. Other cruises may have more or less of these types and La Palette outside above would be a great place for them to congregate.

The Cabin is well appointed altho we wish it had more wall hooks for hanging things. Ladies with long fingernails may find it difficult to use the recessed door and drawer pulls. The bathroom was pleasantly large vis a vis other cruise cabins and the shower was roomy and we loved the tile. ( If you research other CC Threads you can find lots of pictures. )

Our friends had booked 766 next to us and had no complaints. The size difference of the interiors was slight, but 766 did have a supporting column that cut their space somewhat. The Balcony on 767 was a little larger, but you might never notice the difference.

There is more movement on the Aft than midship which makes sense given the Ship's center of gravity is in the middle. As for us boat people, we love the motion and find it comforting. If you are afraid of seasickness - which was somewhat of an issue for others on this cruise - keep that in mind. We did experience huge swells because we were fleeing from a Typhoon and many Guests and Crew were sick. The picture on the wall of 767 was not screwed down on the bottom and it floated up and down with the Ship as though there was a Ghost aboard.

There is engine and anchor noise when docking. but that is to be expected and helped us awaken to another day in Paradise.

I agree that some passengers are more likely to be sensitive to noise than others......

......so acknowledging that, the only complaint we had was the noise at night from the Ventilation System. There is a ceiling grate that could not be shut all the way to restrict air flow and deaden the air conditioning. It ran constantly and there is no thermostat to shut it off. You want that cool air anyhow, but it came with a cost. With the TV off at sleeptime is when DW noticed it the most. She is a light sleeper and it did disturb her rest. A call to maintenance did not rectify the noise which we had read about before we cruised. I am suspicious that there may be some fan in the middle of these five "new" Aft Cabins that sends air to the others and of course 767 is right smack below it !

In conclusion, 767 and the other Afts are highly desirable and in demand and I would book it again. When I ask DW what she remembers most about the cruise - it is her Black Tahitian Pearls with no mention of noise......;)

Archived