Extend a cruise on PG?

RicoPaz

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the PG's May 1st itinerary. We received a letter from the captain offering reduced rates ($200 per person per day) on the next cruise, which was a 14-night voyage to Fiji. If I could have taken the additional time off, I would have done it! We had a fantastic trip and had I known how beautiful the islands are, I would have booked a longer vacation there to begin with.

Just curious - do you know what the occupancy rate was on your sailing? I am trying to get a sense of how "booked" these PG Cruises are. We are sailing in August - the roll call is not very busy - and I'm wondering how the bookings are going.

The occupancy rate for our 7-night cruise was fairly high. We had tried to reserve a PG cruise for March but all of the sailings were just about sold out (only had the high end suites available). That's why we ended up going in May instead.

It sounds like the 14-night itineraries that visit Fiji are not as booked as the 7-night Tahiti roundtrips. That doesn't surprise me. We're from the East Coast so if we did the 14-night cruise, we'd actually be away from home for at least 18 days when you include the flying time. If we were retired, we'd definitely consider the longer cruise but it just wasn't an option for us to be away from work and our dogs for that long! We wish we could have stayed longer though.

Gorgeous islands and we thought the ship was very well managed.

Archived