Buddy's

careywv

Does anyone have a menu pic from Buddy's? We are taking our niece and nephew along with us on our cruise, and our nephew is extremely picky. I wanted to ensure there was something on the menu for him.

Thank you!

GMS - Greenbrier Military School? I work at WVSOM, which is located in the old military school buildings.

I used to work at The Greenbrier, and I'm glad to see that it is on the upswing with some local leadership. It's such a gorgeous property. :)

We've made quite a few changes to the campus. I love the small town feel of Lewisburg.

Does Le Saint Bonnet have fish tacos? Or does any restaurant in Progreso offer them? My husband is dying for some on this vacation.

While I prefer the food at Le Saint Bonnet I do sometimes spend some time at Buddy’s beach area. The owner is a bit of a character and entertaining. Prices are good for snacks (the fish tacos are very good) and drinks. Buddy’s seems to be very popular with the expats and locals once the sun goes down.

• 1 month later...

We loved Buddy's when we went in February! The owner was hilarious and fun and really went out of his way to make sure we were enjoying our time there. We had an online computer test due the day we were in Progreso and he had free wi-fi. I would recommend this place to all of our friends. We are planning on going back again in September. We had the beef tacos and they were truly authentic and great!

How exactly do you get to Buddy's?

I'm assuming you take the street away from the market, pass the statue thing, and just walk down the beach? Is there a big sign or anything?

You got it, just head down the beach and you will see the sign. Big sign and easy to find.

I find that picky kids dictating where adults are going to eat usually clears up when it's made clear that this is what we are having and if you don't like it that's fine, don't eat it. When they get hungry enough, the pickiness fades away, slowly but surely. :)

Archived