Nice day in Progresso!

Was there on March 3rd or 4th and had a nice day. We walked out of Terminal and bought the AI Yucatan Resort before loading the Progresso bus to the end of pier. We were told to arrive back to this drop off location at 9:30 for bus to the resort. Since we had about an hour we took the time to walk down the beach and have a beer at Buddys and check out the covered flea market next to the area we had to return to at 9:30. We were loaded up promptly and had bracelets put on showing resort name and headed out to the resort ... which took about 25 minutes maybe. It was a nice quiet resort with food/snack type food and all you can drink until 1:30. They had two massage tables and I got one I think 20 minutes for 10.00.. it was so nice that I got a second one before leaving.(my muscles needed the second one). Anyway,There were about 30 people from the bus at the resort so It was almost like we had it to ourselves. They kept the drinks coming on and off the beach and we had the pool to wash off and a small outdoor sprinkler. The restrooms were clean and a good place to change before getting back on the bus. We seen two iguanas which was a treat and took lots of pictures. The resort also had three kayaks and one floating tricycle to play on. We lounged in the hammocks and enjoyed the resort thoroughly and would go again. The bus driver and tour guide picked us up promptly at 1:30 and returned us back to the ship. Word of advice just use the restroom at the resort before returning to the ship ... If you have drank alot it's a semi long ride back to the ship and then small wait to get on the ship. I almost didnt make it. but we enjoyed our time there and wish I had gotten a few t-shirts that I had seen for 2.00. , but passed by with intentions of returning. Also we were serenaded with mexican guitar players twice and we nicely tipped. It is part of their welcoming culture and we enjoyed listening to them.

• 3 weeks later...
Was there on March 3rd or 4th and had a nice day. We walked out of Terminal and bought the AI Yucatan Resort before loading the Progresso bus to the end of pier. We were told to arrive back to this drop off location at 9:30 for bus to the resort. Since we had about an hour we took the time to walk down the beach and have a beer at Buddys and check out the covered flea market next to the area we had to return to at 9:30. We were loaded up promptly and had bracelets put on showing resort name and headed out to the resort ... which took about 25 minutes maybe. It was a nice quiet resort with food/snack type food and all you can drink until 1:30. They had two massage tables and I got one I think 20 minutes for 10.00.. it was so nice that I got a second one before leaving.(my muscles needed the second one). Anyway,There were about 30 people from the bus at the resort so It was almost like we had it to ourselves. They kept the drinks coming on and off the beach and we had the pool to wash off and a small outdoor sprinkler. The restrooms were clean and a good place to change before getting back on the bus. We seen two iguanas which was a treat and took lots of pictures. The resort also had three kayaks and one floating tricycle to play on. We lounged in the hammocks and enjoyed the resort thoroughly and would go again. The bus driver and tour guide picked us up promptly at 1:30 and returned us back to the ship. Word of advice just use the restroom at the resort before returning to the ship ... If you have drank alot it's a semi long ride back to the ship and then small wait to get on the ship. I almost didnt make it. but we enjoyed our time there and wish I had gotten a few t-shirts that I had seen for 2.00. , but passed by with intentions of returning. Also we were serenaded with mexican guitar players twice and we nicely tipped. It is part of their welcoming culture and we enjoyed listening to them.

Sounds like you really had a good time. How mush was the AI Yucatan Resort? We are going with our grandchildren. What does the bus ride cost from the teminal to the end of the pier? Is the terminal close to the ships, the kids are small and I am afraid of them having to make a long walk. What are the beaches like, is the water clear and the beach clean?

Archived