Beginning Dives on 6/26 Sailing

I promised to report on my husband's experience with the discover scuba class & the 2 beginning dives he did while in paradise.

Jean Michel Cousteau was on our sailing, hence many more divers than usual were attracted to our particular sailing, I believe he sails on the PG 4x/year. We went to his lectures, which were very interesting, attended a cooking class with the executive chef & Jean Michel, where he taught one of his favorite recipes, stuffed Portobello mushrooms, he was a kick & a really nice person, he posed for pics & signed autographs during our cruise.

At embarkation at the dive desk, there were many unhappy divers that didn't pre-book their dives only to find the dives they were interested in were already filled. Heads up for future cruises especially for ones where JMC is sailing, pre book any dives that you are interested in if allowed by PG, I believe there may be ones that you can't do ahead of time.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Discover Scuba class, because there were more participants than normal, they didn't hold the class in the pool, instead they went to a lagoon where the water was waist high, much better than in a swimming pool.

Rangiroa Beginning Dive: Lots of coral, and assorted fish, a very good dive!

Moorea Shark Gallery Beginning Dive: coral was dead, sharks were the attraction, saw some sharks, but was disappointed that there was not the abundance that there usually is, not as exciting as expected, but still enjoyed the dive.

Hope that helps!! GG

Archived