ANY info on Tere Moana?

wills47

Hi CC! I am just about to book a cruise on the Tere Moana for the Greek islands. I am really excited about the itinerary as it hits a lot of ports that I really want to visit, however I am a little leery as there is not much on CC about this ship. I realize that it had a rough debut, but I am hoping that they got their act together?

I am a relatively new Seabourn addict, but they just didn't have this itinerary at the time that I wanted it, so. . .

Will I be happy with the Paul Gauguin product? I do not expect it to be as good as Seabourn, but hopefully close? It's a small ship and I do prefer that.

Any advise/ counsel is welcome!

Thanks,

Wills

After the rough start things appear to be going well. I was on her last December, everything was perfect, no complaints. The crew has really come together. Though she isn't a spring chicken she is very nice inside. The casualness was warm and hospitable, the lounge/bar the heart beat of the ship .......... loved it!

My wife and I were on it in March for the Panama to St.Marteen run. All went very well and we have no negatives to relate. The food was very good and on lobster night you could have as much as you wanted. Service was superb. Someone on one of the first cruises complained the beverages served were not top shelf. Nonsense, I purposely ordered top shelf items and was never refused or had to pay extra. The wines were fine and if you didn't like the selection you could order something else. Dom Perignon cost extra however. We had 2 sea days and they were a bit bouncy. I had no problem but my wife and some of the guests did. You can go to the desk and ask for "Chiclida", a medicated chewing gum for motion sickness and it works. This part of the Carribean is subject to constant Trade Winds, thus choppy waters depending on your coarse. The Captain said the waters of the Mediterranean tend to be calmer and more predictable. We had a great time and would take the Tere Moana again.:):):)

We were on the Tere Moana Rome to Rome sailing 3 weeks ago and it was fantastic! The crew, food, ports, ship and staff were all wonderful! I didn't here one complaint the entire week. I only wish I could have stayed on longer. You won't be sorry to if you get the opportunity to cruise on The Tere Moana do it!