seabreeze

seadancer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff.

I'm not looking to sell anything from our Seabreeze cruise. Just thought I'd post. I have postcards, pamplet from the TA, our seapass cards, a gold coin that says Premier cruises from the Magician, two quarter size coins that say Premier cruises and Seabreeze for the slots and a signed note from the captain inviting us to an Anniversary party.

We loved this cruise!

Michelle

• 2 months later...

Jeff,

I found you via a google search because I have a SeaBreeze item you can have if you want.

To explain: I was a Cruise Director (the last one before she sank!) onboard the SeaBreeze. I was given from the company a signed and numbered lithograph of the SeaBreaze. It is beautiful and I am looking for someone to give it to.

If your interested, just reply back. I'll check back here in a week or so to see if you have responded.

Regards,

Garrick

Hi Garrick,

I was on the cruise when you told everybody that "Were heading back to Nova Scotia......." We loved that cruise.It was my 1st cruise out of Boston. I have that cruise on video. Do you keep in contact with Lenny Windsor? Benny Hill's friend. The last time I spoke to you you were working for RCCL. are you still with them? I know you come to Boston quite often. I still have an unopened waffle bathrobe with the Premier logo on it.

Take care, and Happy Sailings!:)

• 1 year later...

Garrick,

Aren't you the coolest!

I was on the ship shortly before that fateful cruise. I, too have an unopen waffle bathrobe (and one which gets worn) and some brochures. I was on the trip to Belize, Roatan, etc, when we had to scuttle (excuse the terminology) the stop at Key West on Halloween. Many gay men on the ship had come from San Francisco with expensive gowns to wear for fantasy Fest parades. First we were told we had to tender (I believe we sold our berth, as I watched her berth at the pier the previous week!) then they claimed the water was too rough to tender. We almost had a mutiny on board! And BTW, neat Halloween party in the disco! I remember the couple who came as the intel guys! and the one I followed down the stairs wearing nothing but a leather um, Gee, what would you call it? Well, it was nothing more than straps in the appropriate places! We had fun! . We sold our water to the island of Roatan (This was the year after Hurricane Mitch devastated the area) and had to stop in Cozumel, Mexico, of all places (for the second time that cruise) for fresh water! We kept getting all new linens and washcloths- Turns out it was because there wasn't enough water to wash them! In Belize, a rogue dive operator kind of hijacked a dive group, got them miles out, then told them they didn't have enough full tanks, and folks would have to pony up if they wanted to get back! Remember Barry Cunningham, Entertainment director? He did Neil Diamond and Jimmy Buffett (and was good at both!) and did the music up on deck in the afternoons. I used to email him. I knew him from the Jimmy Buffett list before we went. We loved our steward, loved all of the crew! They were great, and were honest with us about what was going on.

I cried and cried to see that ship sink. I followed the whole thing. Those Sea Stallions that did the rescue of the crew in 50 foot waves set a record for the most on board. I used to have the Coast Guard pages bookmarked, but they are no longer available. Amazing how they took on water in the engine room after setting sail from new York. I wonder how that happened! (off the continental shelf, registered in Liberia, too expensive for the insurance company to bring her up to find out why she sank)

She was old, but we loved her. She sailed like a true liner.

<sigh>

I will try to stop back here to check in.

(Usually I can be found on the Cunard board)

Karie,

who really loved her!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering whatever happened to her. I had an absolutely wonderful cruise on her back in '95 with my parents, all of my sisters and our husbands. It was my second cruise and I'll never forget it.

Patsy

• 8 months later...
Hi Garrick,

I was on the cruise when you told everybody that "Were heading back to Nova Scotia......." We loved that cruise.It was my 1st cruise out of Boston. I have that cruise on video. Do you keep in contact with Lenny Windsor? Benny Hill's friend. The last time I spoke to you you were working for RCCL. are you still with them? I know you come to Boston quite often. I still have an unopened waffle bathrobe with the Premier logo on it.

Take care, and Happy Sailings!:)

We ran into Lenny Winston in Oct. 2005 aboard the Celebrity Century... still the same Lenny...lol He says he now own five hotels/inns and lives with his new wife in Florida. Does alot of the same funny stichks..but the best part on our old ship was the story he told about Benny Hill

We had the front cabins on the Seabreeze.. it was like an "old tub" but what a woderful crew and the ship had the biggest heart..yes, we sailed her just before her being caught in Halifax I think.

Archived