Which excursions are best for New England/Canada?

Tonklily

We will be taking a 10-day New England/Canada cruise on HAL's "Amsterdam", September 7, 2006, leaving New York and ending up in Montreal. There are so many tours offered that it is overwhelming, and would really appreciate any suggestions on what to specifically see and do on the cruise. Also, what temperatures to expect during that time of year. :)

If you head over to the Canada board you may find more answers there. .that sems to be busier.. and I don't know what your ports are.. If Quebec City is one you can explore the lower and upper part of the walled city on your own, take carriage ride, enjoy lunch at one of the marvelous restaurants... In Sydney the fortress at Louisbourg is a wonderful restoration, very interactive but allow at least 3 hours so do on your own if ship tour is less than 5 hours. Halifax is walkable.. Maritime Museum, Fortress, harbor cruises, great seafood all from the ship. Many do tours to Peggy's Cove... other ports are?

Thank you for your suggestions. Our ports are New York, NY; Newport, RI; Gloucester, MA; Bar Harbor, ME; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Chalottetown, Prince Edward Island; Saguenay, Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec; and Montreal.:)

i for one, never miss a chance to go on a whale tour. i love to spot them and take pix of them. i am going to use '' murphys on the water '' in halifax for a whale tour. it is about $45 u.s. money. i booked on the net with them . the ship tours are way to pricey so i like to book with locals whenever possible. sorry i cant help with specifics for your ports for other tours.

have a great time.

We will be going on an RC cruise 10/7-14. We would also appreciate excursions not to miss and especially contact information for good guides.

I would like to interrupt this thread and say "Welcome to Cruise Critic" and welcome to our cruise coming up on RCL on 10/7. 60 days and counting. We cannot wait.

The question asked was a good guide for any of the stops along the new england route the ones I would suggest in Halifax Your Cab. ca Johnathan is great. In Sydney I would suggest Tartan Tours Diane is also great. Both of the companys really know their stuff. You can reach Johnathan at his web site yourcab.ca you can reach Diane @ 902 578 4501 :)

Archived