Overnight Parking - Honolulu Pier

Dolphin Girl

Hope someone has the answer! We are boarding Carnival Spirit Friday 4/27/07 in Honolulu but won't leave port until Saturday 4/28/07. We are planning to be there a couple of days early and renting a car. We would like to return the car on Saturday, but don't know of any place to park. We obviously will have checked out of our hotel and with parking being such a premieum in Waikiki they won't let us park there without staying. I know there is no overnight parking available at the port. Help!!! Has anyone else done this? How far is the Ala Moana shopping center from the port and do you think it would be safe to leave it there? I'm not sure.

Thanks for your input.

You can park in Waikiki overnight at the many paid parking lots there - you'll pay an arm and leg for it but it's doable. Don't recommend parking overnight at Ala Moana - they WILL tow. There are office buildings near the port that will also allow you to park for a fee - don't know what the cost is off the top of my head but expect that it'll be pricey as well. Harbor Court, one of the office buildings nearby, comes to mind.

Spleen

Even if you stay at a hotel they will charge you. I am staying at the Ohana East in Waikiki for a couple of days before the cruise and they said that it is $20 per night as a guest.

Yes, our hotel is charging us for parking the nights we are staying with them. They won't let us park there on Friday, since we will be staying aboard the ship. What I was looking for was overnight parking close to the pier at a resonable rate.

It looks like Harbor Court is a good deal with a $3.00 maximum charge PLUS it looks like the closest to the ship.

P.S. Dolphin Girl, I'm on the sailing prior to yours. We'll leave the Spirit in good shape:D

It looks like Harbor Court is a good deal with a $3.00 maximum charge PLUS it looks like the closest to the ship.

P.S. Dolphin Girl, I'm on the sailing prior to yours. We'll leave the Spirit in good shape:D

Yes, I agree, even if they charge for Saturday also, it should still be under $8.00. Hope this "secret" doesn't make them to popular and they raise their rates). This is cheaper than our hotel parking!

When you get back from your cruise, please post a review ASAP or come over to our roll call (Spirit to Hawaii 4/27/06 - Xtra Early Roll Call - Version 2) and fill us in. I'm sure we will have lots of questions for you. Aloha and Bon Voyage!:D

Remember guys, the $3 maximum charge at Harbor Court only applies if you park after 5 PM and leave before a certain time in the morning - otherwise you'll start paying half-hourly rates.

You might actually want to call the office and find out if there would be a problem if you left your car there overnight.

Spleen

Remember guys, the $3 maximum charge at Harbor Court only applies if you park after 5 PM and leave before a certain time in the morning - otherwise you'll start paying half-hourly rates.

You might actually want to call the office and find out if there would be a problem if you left your car there overnight.

Spleen

We think alike, I called yesterday. Harbor Square is flat rate of $4.00 from 4:00 PM Friday to 8:00 AM Saturday.

Harbor Court is flat rate starting at 5:00 PM on Friday then start 1/2 rate on Saturday. The gentleman I spoke with told me $5.00 then $10.00 finally said a max of $12.00 for overnight Friday to Saturday morning. I may call there again in a couple of days and see if I can get a more definitive answer.

Topa Financial Building (AMFAC Center): Friday after 5:00 PM is $4.00 until midnight. Saturday is a flat rate all day of $4.00. So the overnight would be $8.00.

All of the spots are first come, first served. Also, there are condo's is some of these buildings and the tenets get preferential parking.

We will be overnighting on a Thursday to Friday.Wonder what it would be for those days?What it looks like would maybe be $3.00 for Thursday night and maybe $3.00 for first two hours Friday morning.Guess Iwill have to call and find out.

Archived