suggestions for best tours of New England

lovemykids2

I have been on several cruises and realize that often one can get better deals, transportation etc by booking ahead independent from the cruise line or just by getting off the ship. I will be on the Dawn Sept 16th and want to take advantage of all the great ports this ship cruises to. Any help will be much appreciated, thank you. Also, if anyone has any idea of what "really to pack" for this trip...that would be GREAT!!:)

I have been on several cruises and realize that often one can get better deals, transportation etc by booking ahead independent from the cruise line or just by getting off the ship. I will be on the Dawn Sept 16th and want to take advantage of all the great ports this ship cruises to. Any help will be much appreciated, thank you. Also, if anyone has any idea of what "really to pack" for this trip...that would be GREAT!!:)

You will need summer and fall clothes. It could be 90º in the day and 40º at night. I would think a light jacket and a couple of sweatshirts would be warm enough. It can be quite cool at night on the water and the islands also. We went to Nova Scotia on one cruise and it was very cold and raw. September can also be very warm in the Boston or Newport area. I've lived in New England all my life, and it's true what they say. Don't like the weather today, wait until tomorrow.

You can check this out if you'd like....http://www.yankeemagazine.com/

I'm sure it will give you plenty of ideas.

Have a great time.

Jackie

Archived