Progreso or Belize

St.Love

I've been to both. Belize City is the poorest community I've seen anywhere including Vietnam. I've been to Progreso on two port calls and now been back for three extended land vacations to Merida and the Yucatan state. Hope to be going back in two months for two weeks. That should tell you my opinion. Keep reading this board since porting in Progreso is best with research.

Hey Love,

I left you a note on the Belize thread. This is like asking, "which girl is prettiest". It depends on who is looking. Hdawson (I call him H) is a big fan of Progreso and this area of the Yucatan and is pretty knowledgable about it. I like it as well, but you must realize that what one person likes, another might consider a waste of good time. I've seen rave reviews of Costa Maya but didn't care for the place personally. This is something that you must determine for yourself and the only way to do it is to go see it yourself. You might fall in love with the place or hate it. You never know until you try.

Thanks!

With that being said I have been to Grand Cayman and thought it was a waste. We did no excursions other than sit on the beach so maybe that is why. I live in Florida and the beaches here put their beaches to shame. I have also been to Playa Del Carmen and we thought it was beautiful and loved the excursion XCARET (Mayan Ruins). We are going again in March, so what I'm looking for is which one will be different from Playa? In Belize we didn't plan on snorkling or zip lining, but did think the Zoo would be fun. I'm a Photographer so I like to take pics. What in Progreso is a must see?

Love, I've posted four albums here on the Progreso board. Merida, Progreso, Chichen Itza and Uxmal. This area is in no way like the over touristed, over crowded Cancun, Cozumel or other island sites that depend totally on the tourist dollar.

Archived