Excursion at port or thru cruise ship?

qtney

I've heard that once you get in Progreso, there will be tours you can sign up for that are cheaper than the ones thru Carnival. Five of us will be going next week, but wasn't sure if I should just get a refund from the carnival Chichen Itza tour and just wait til we get to the port to buy one. What do you think? It's $69 thru carnival, but if it's the exact same thing for about $40 at port, I'll wait til port. Oh p.s. I there will be 2 native spanish speakers with us (should help).:o

I've heard that once you get in Progreso, there will be tours you can sign up for that are cheaper than the ones thru Carnival. Five of us will be going next week, but wasn't sure if I should just get a refund from the carnival Chichen Itza tour and just wait til we get to the port to buy one. What do you think? It's $69 thru carnival, but if it's the exact same thing for about $40 at port, I'll wait til port. Oh p.s. I there will be 2 native spanish speakers with us (should help).:o

Local tours usually run 25% to 40% less than the ship tours. AutoPropreso has several to choose from. We have done the Dzibalchaltun Ruins and the Reef Yucatan Resort Tour. Had a great time on both.

Thanks Clackey,

I'm probably goint to use Autoprogreso then. Do they provide lunches too, or is that something we'd have to handle on our own? Oh, and I'll definitely eat some shrimp for ya. I just love shrimp!

Some tours have lunch and some don't. We had a good feed at Le Saint Bonnet on the Malecon, but there are several good places to eat. You might want to google and see what tours go to Chichen Itza. It is about a 7 hour tour with about half of it road trip. If you don't mind a smaller ruin, you might try Uxmal. My friend Hdawson raves about it and he spends alot of time in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived