giddyap horsey

davebflat

Ok here it is-------

Sailing on Fantasy 2.18.08

We are pleased that we are now heading to Progreso and

Cozumel. Wife wants to go horseback riding at one of the ports.

Which do you recommend? Progreso or Cozumel? The other port

we will beach/booze cruise it. We have been to Cozumel before.

If you have been on the horseback excursion--any advice or tips?

Gracias

David & Nicole

I am cruising on Fantasy at the same time. I was in Progresso last August and a friend did the horseback riding and loved it. Progresso doesn't have alot to offer, so I would suggest booking the horseback excursion in Progresso.

The beaches are not great in Progresso and Cozumel's water is sooooo much clearer and free of seaweed. IMHO it's a no brainer. Horses in Progresso ---sand & sun in Cozumel.

DixiesMom. Progreso doesn't have much to offer? Major and minor Mayan ruins including the one that was just put on the Seven Wonders of the World list; a large cosmopolitan spanish colonial city dating back to 1549. And so much more. Have you checked out www.yucatantoday.com?

Just noticed you're back! Hope all went well with your surgery.:)

DixiesMom. Progreso doesn't have much to offer? Major and minor Mayan ruins including the one that was just put on the Seven Wonders of the World list; a large cosmopolitan spanish colonial city dating back to 1549. And so much more. Have you checked out www.yucatantoday.com?

hdawson, I was speaking of the number of excursions listed through Carnival for each port. There are many more excursions listed for Cozumel than Progresso.

From reading some of your other posts I wish that I had known that I was going to Progresso before getting on the ship. We were scheduled to go to Costa Maya right after the hurricane but were rerouted to Progresso and I had no idea what to expect. I am speaking from my own experience and impressions.

Obviously I am still open minded about the port as I have booked the same cruise that I took in August. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Y'all,

Does anyone have more specific opinions on any of the horseback riding excursions here in Progresso? I am definitely going to be doing one of the 2 that Carnival has through the ship.. but am hoping someone can give some feedback...

Thanks for your help, advice and/or opinions!

Archived